Training Camp Report For 04 August

Started by PhillyPhreak54, August 04, 2005, 08:37:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjs246

Quote from: PhillyPhaninDC on August 04, 2005, 09:40:06 PM

Believe me PG, you don't know poison until you get an earful of this farging Gibbs is god horseshtein. If I here one more report about how this "the year" with no evidence to back it up. ......

Au contraire! This is first offseason that has shown ANY evidence of the Skins improving. They DIDN'T sign any huge-name free agents. They DIDN'T resign any of their top performers from last year to ludicrous contracts. Their top pick from last year got arrested and hurt. Their top pick from this year got hurt. It's the first time in years that they haven't won the offseason superbowl. Terrifying.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

WEST is GOD

THIS SEASON IS OVER AND ANDY'S WORLD IS GRIDL

Offseason needs: 2 DEs, 1 DT, 1 OL, 2 LBs, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 KR.

PhillyPhreak54

Sean Scott also had a tryout with the stinkin Patriots (he said it on WIP when judging the Miss WIP contest). He said that he just needed to pass a physical and he'd be signed. But I guess he didn't pass...

General_Failure

Quote from: PhillyGirl on August 04, 2005, 09:15:17 PM
I think I might get an Andrews jersey this year.

I've got one in black coming. I'm gonn retire the Simon jersey.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Eaglez

Yeah I thought I heard his name mentioned. I haven't really followed the AFL. It doesn't really excite me. Just a bunch of subpar athletes running up the score on a miniature football field.

He was just a fan favorite I think. Being from Millersville and all. I remember he had one good preseason game against the Jets and I thought he might have been on the bubble. I guess Greg Lewis took the opportunity instead.

Gari Scott anyone?  :paranoid

JTrotter Fan

Team G Lew is wondering when in the hell you are gonna report how well we have been performing in practice so far.  Or are we not even a glint in your eye?  I knew it!!   :evil
When you're riding in a time machine way far into the future, don't stick your elbow out the window, or it'll turn into a fossil.

Don Ho

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on August 04, 2005, 08:37:08 PM
20. Reno Mahe was excellent again today. That makes two days where Reno has done great and I'm shocked. He had a beautiful catch on a fade from Donny Mac after he went in motion and set up at WR. Donovan tossed up a nice little fade and Reno hauled it in. He also ran well and ran well inside, which shocked me as well. Reno is determined, guys.

Thank you god!
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

T_Section224

phreak, great job as usual!  thanks for the updates.
Proud Sponsor of Mike Bartrum

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on August 04, 2005, 10:17:06 PM
Sean Scott also had a tryout with the stinkin Patriots (he said it on WIP when judging the Miss WIP contest). He said that he just needed to pass a physical and he'd be signed. But I guess he didn't pass...

He's a talker.  I remember visiting Philly a couple of years ago and hearing him on WIP, basically saying that he felt he was the best receiver on the Eagles roster when he was fighting to make the team, and he absolutely could not understand why the Eagles would cut him before anyone else.

He might have been close to right at the time, though.

Diomedes

Quote from: PhillyGirl on August 04, 2005, 09:41:02 PMYes, I do. I lived in NY and LA....both have terrible sports radio...

Not to say you're wrong, but I enjoy 1050 ESPN radio up here in NYC.  Perhaps it weren't on the radio when you were crawling around town.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyGirl

Quote from: Diomedes on August 05, 2005, 08:29:10 AM
Quote from: PhillyGirl on August 04, 2005, 09:41:02 PMYes, I do. I lived in NY and LA....both have terrible sports radio...

Not to say you're wrong, but I enjoy 1050 ESPN radio up here in NYC.  Perhaps it weren't on the radio when you were crawling around town.

Nope, we have ESPN radio here now too, which is basically what I'll listen to (when it comes in). ESPN radio wasn't there back then. :)
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

jeffreyjpa

Another excellent report Phreak, thanks!  :yay

Ever consider getting into sports journalism?

rjs246

Quote from: jeffreyjpa on August 05, 2005, 08:42:39 AM
Another excellent report Phreak, thanks!  :yay

Don't tease the man, fer god's sake. Every blue blooded sports fan on earth has considered getting into sports journalism and wish that they could quit their real jobs to do it. That's why we're all bitter of the schmucks who actually get paid to do it and frequently display an irrational hatred for them. Jealousy is a motherfarger.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

mikey418

Quote from: rjs246 on August 05, 2005, 08:48:38 AM
Quote from: jeffreyjpa on August 05, 2005, 08:42:39 AM
Another excellent report Phreak, thanks! :yay

Don't tease the man, fer god's sake. Every blue blooded sports fan on earth has considered getting into sports journalism and wish that they could quit their real jobs to do it. That's why we're all bitter of the schmucks who actually get paid to do it and frequently display an irrational hatred for them. Jealousy is a motherfarger.

And that's why you join message boards and post all day long instead..... :paranoid
The wannabe sponsor of Stallworth and Baskett

PhillyGirl

Quote from: rjs246 on August 05, 2005, 08:48:38 AM
Every blue blooded sports fan on earth has considered getting into sports journalism and wish that they could quit their real jobs to do it.

Yet somehow, Spudz gets his job. That just proves that life ain't fair.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen