The Sunday Ticket comes to us Eagles fans overseas via Yahoo

Started by bobbyinlondon, September 10, 2006, 07:39:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbyinlondon

I don't know if this has been posted yet--I didn't see it, so apologies if its buried in some thread. I'm sure most of you know that Yahoo has Game Pass--where you can watch any of the week's games via the internet. Not available in the States, it goes for $260 or £132 (British pounds here) for all 17 weeks. I tried to watch the Eagles game today, but because I'm at work, with a slower computer, it didn't work out too well--however, I did watch the Cards-49ers and the Bears-Pack game with no problem. I wound up listening to Merrill and Quick via "The Shark"'s free radio broadcast and having ESPN's Gamecast on.

Getting back to what I started on this thread, it is the Sunday ticket that's being broadcast, and we get all of the commercials and halftime highlights for Fox, CBS, etc. The only games we don't get are games that are being televised; for instance, here in Britain, we didn't get the Atlanta game or the Dallas game and we won't get the MNF games--those are televised by Sky (Sunday evening DH) and Channel 5 (MNF).

Still, I think it's great value for money--especially when for the past two years, I've spent about $280 (or £150 in British money) on DVDs from a company called Pontel in Switzerland; the DVDs are broadcast the same as what you see in the States, but they didn't come until the Friday or Saturday after the game.

mussa

Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"