2007 Fantasy Football Who To Start Thread

Started by ice grillin you, September 06, 2007, 10:00:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

this will more than likely turn into a weekly question for me as my qb's all suck

week 1

@ cle
romo @ nyg
schaub vs kc
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 06, 2007, 10:00:20 AM
@ cle
romo @ nyg
schaub vs kc

Romo.  The Giants' pass D is very poor.  A close 2nd is Roethlisberger, but I don't trust him against any Romeo Crennel defense.  Schaub is still an unknown commodity, so I'd wait a few weeks to put him into the starting lineup.

PhillyPhanInDC

I'm in a PPR league, all TDs are six points. 1QB, 2RB, 3 Rec (WR/TE), 1PK, 1DEF

My running backs are solid, but my receivers are teh suk. What I have in the lineup now.

Gates
Braylon Edwards
Shockey

On the bench I have:

Calvin Johnson
Vernon "Cyborg" Davis
Brandon Jones

Should I leave Shockey in, or roll the dice with CJ against a pretty good pass defense?
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

ice grillin you

to me if you even have to think about it id always go with the wr over the te

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

PhillyPhanInDC

Holy Christ Alex Smith.

Jacksonville owns Vince Young. I think in the two games he played against them he combined for 200 yards.

Edit: Actual stats against Jacksonville last year:

1. 15/36 163 yards, 1TD, 3INTS, 4 rushes for 14 yards

2. 8/15 85 yards, 0TDs, 4 rushes for 4 yards
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

Dillen

Deuce McAllister vs Indianapolis
Rudi Johnson vs Baltimore
Maurice Drew vs Tennessee

Pick 2. I'm most likely going Johnson and Drew, but McAllister against the awful Indy run D is tempting.

QB Eagles

Quote from: Dillen on September 06, 2007, 05:11:59 PM
Pick 2. I'm most likely going Johnson and Drew, but McAllister against the awful Indy run D is tempting.

Well, I sure hope that you did not give in to temptation.

paco

Anyone know what is going on with Housh's knee?  And do you all think Driver will start?
I'm not from Philly but some say I'm blunt.

Dillen

Quote from: QB Eagles on September 07, 2007, 01:02:39 AM
Well, I sure hope that you did not give in to temptation.
Yeah. Almost right after I posted that I realized I'd be a fargin retard to bench one of my top 2 picks.

PhillyPhanInDC

Quote from: paco on September 07, 2007, 12:01:21 PM
Anyone know what is going on with Housh's knee?  And do you all think Driver will start?

Quote.J. Houshmandzadeh, WR CIN
News: Bengals WR T.J. Houshmandzadeh (knee) is listed as probable for Week 1 vs. Baltimore. Houshmandzadeh went through a limited practice routine Friday after sitting out Wednesday and Thursday.
Analysis: The Bengals have an extra day to prep since they play on Monday. There was no need to rush Housh onto the field earlier in the week. He appears ready for action. In nine career games against the Ravens, Houshmandzadeh has 55 catches for 784 yards (14.3) and five TDs, an average of 6.1 catches per game and 87.1 yards per game. The Ravens present a tough matchup, but Housh seems to do well against Baltimore. Continue to track any late breaking news, but it appears safe to consider Housh a No. 1 Fantasy WR for Week 1

QuoteDonald Driver, WR GB
News: Packers WR Donald Driver (foot) is listed as probable for Week 1 vs. Philadelphia. He went through a full practice Friday after limited workouts on Wednesday and Thursday. "I thought Donald looked good. I don't foresee him having a problem, if he does go," head coach Mike McCarthy said.
Analysis: The Packers were unsure of Driver's status heading into Friday, but barring any setbacks, it appears as though their No. 1 WR will be on the field. Driver is a must-start Fantasy option most weeks. Driver is coming off an outstanding season in which he caught 92 passes for 1,295 yards and eight touchdowns.

I've got to get some better receivers. I am good with RBs, I have LJ, Jones-Drew, Portis, Norwood, Chris Brown, and Leon Washington. I've been thinking Portis at this point could land me a decent WR, but I know his stock is low at this point. Should I hope he has a good game or two, and that Gibbsy doesn't limit his carries, and then try to move him high? If I move him now, why type of WR is he worth? Boldin? Darrel Jackson? Reggie Brown?

paco

Quote from: PPinDC on September 07, 2007, 09:49:17 PM
Quote from: paco on September 07, 2007, 12:01:21 PM

Quote.J. Houshmandzadeh, WR CIN
News: Bengals WR T.J. Houshmandzadeh (knee) is listed as probable for Week 1 vs. Baltimore. Houshmandzadeh went through a limited practice routine Friday after sitting out Wednesday and Thursday.
Analysis: The Bengals have an extra day to prep since they play on Monday. There was no need to rush Housh onto the field earlier in the week. He appears ready for action. In nine career games against the Ravens, Houshmandzadeh has 55 catches for 784 yards (14.3) and five TDs, an average of 6.1 catches per game and 87.1 yards per game. The Ravens present a tough matchup, but Housh seems to do well against Baltimore. Continue to track any late breaking news, but it appears safe to consider Housh a No. 1 Fantasy WR for Week 1

QuoteDonald Driver, WR GB
News: Packers WR Donald Driver (foot) is listed as probable for Week 1 vs. Philadelphia. He went through a full practice Friday after limited workouts on Wednesday and Thursday. "I thought Donald looked good. I don't foresee him having a problem, if he does go," head coach Mike McCarthy said.
Analysis: The Packers were unsure of Driver's status heading into Friday, but barring any setbacks, it appears as though their No. 1 WR will be on the field. Driver is a must-start Fantasy option most weeks. Driver is coming off an outstanding season in which he caught 92 passes for 1,295 yards and eight touchdowns.

I've got to get some better receivers. I am good with RBs, I have LJ, Jones-Drew, Portis, Norwood, Chris Brown, and Leon Washington. I've been thinking Portis at this point could land me a decent WR, but I know his stock is low at this point. Should I hope he has a good game or two, and that Gibbsy doesn't limit his carries, and then try to move him high? If I move him now, why type of WR is he worth? Boldin? Darrel Jackson? Reggie Brown?

Yeah, thats what I saw too.  I was puzzled by Housh's injury because it seemed to come out of nowhere.

As for Portis, I don't think his stock will be too high right now. Personally, I would wait to see 1) if he looks healthy and 2) to see if he gets a majority of the carries.  Either hitting either one will make his stock rise.  (then again, Ive had portis on my "do not draft list".  I did see him fall to the 7th round in one of the drafts I was doing for a coworker, so others feel the same.)
I'm not from Philly but some say I'm blunt.

ice grillin you

gotta watch out for portis inside the ten too...he may get more carries than betts however betts may get the majority of td's

PhillyPhanInDC

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 08, 2007, 08:56:27 AM
gotta watch out for portis inside the ten too...he may get more carries than betts however betts may get the majority of td's

The knock on Betts has always been he is gimp inside the redzone. Act like you live near D.C. and have heard this.