2005 Fantasy Baseball

Started by Wingspan, February 23, 2005, 05:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wingspan

Everyone ready to pay attention for a month and then let yourt team fall apart again? Come on, let's start the arguements over who will be selecting Pat Burrell!

I will set up a league on yahoo, it will be standard scoring I guess. And I will do max-teams they allow. I will post the details here. We will vote on a live draft or an auto draft. And there will be no arguing about it if you can not be on your computer for the draft if it is live (even if you voted for a live draft).

If you want in, send me an IM, and i will reply with the yahoo league number and password, when i set it up. After i reply with the name/password to everyone, the next day i will post it here publicly. 1 day after that. I lock it down.

if you get shut out (this is first come first serve), because you are too slow to join...too bad. shtein or get off the pot, you know.

I will set a random draft order the morning of the draft. and there will be no arguing over it.

here's a new kicker for 2005. and this is important!

1. If you are inactive in the league for more than 14 consecutive days(unless you notify the league beforehand), I will drop your highest rated player into the free agent pool, and put someone who is injured on your roster into a starting postion (if yahoo allows). again, no arguing.

2. if you intend to start dropping players for no reason. you are a Hoyda, so dont sign up.

3. if one of our Patriot lurkers tries to sign up, fine, but you must have 3 yankees on your team and one in the starting lineup at all times.

otherwise... IM me now if you are in. (the ones who posted yes in the old thread are IN no matter what (in case they miss this message, or since75 tries to take up everything).

what a great day for a ballgame...let's play two!
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

MDS

I vote for me. Your rules suck.  :-D
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

NGM

I like those rules, it will keep good players from going to waste.  I vote for a live draft.  :yay
Fletch:  Can I borrow your towel for a sec? My car just hit a water buffalo.

Wingspan

ok...open public registration...

link: http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/b1

league id # 111201
password ilovehoying

the live draft is on the ides of march. (3/15)

this is a head to head league. it's a little different, and gives more people a chance to win it, if you have a terrible april and may, hope is not lost. (like it is in a normal roto league). you can edit rosters daily (unlike last season). the rest of the rules and scoring is there in the league itself, so there is no point in putting them here too.

8 slots left, come on and fill em up.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

satoshi

Quote from: Wingspan on February 23, 2005, 05:37:15 PM
1. If you are inactive in the league for more than 14 consecutive days(unless you notify the league beforehand), I will drop your highest rated player into the free agent pool, and put someone who is injured on your roster into a starting postion (if yahoo allows). again, no arguing.

I'm not sure if I can be active while I work at Narita Airport.

Wingspan

Quote from: Sir Satoshi on February 28, 2005, 12:59:14 AM
Quote from: Wingspan on February 23, 2005, 05:37:15 PM

I'm not sure if I can be active while I work at Narita Airport.

well this could be considered as "notifying" the league before hand. as long as everyone is aware you may or may not be able to access it. it's not a problem.

i just want to avoid dead teams/players that no one knows anything about.
Connection Problems

Wingspan

2 weeks until the draft and there are still 6 open spaces.
Connection Problems

Wingspan

ok...so someone dropped out of this...

7 spots left.

if they arent full (at least 10 teams) by the morning of the 15, the league will go the way of the USFL....
Connection Problems

Geowhizzer

Wingspan

no one seems to be that interested in it.
Connection Problems

Wingspan

Quote from: Wingspan on March 11, 2005, 10:50:41 AM
no one seems to be that interested in it.

ok....so i am going to rescind all of the rules...dead teams allowed, deatbeat players allowed....

just need 6 fargers to sign up!
Connection Problems

Wingspan

it's tomorrow, i forget when exactly
Connection Problems

Wingspan

3 hours left to sign up, after that Hoyda yankee fan bailed, 7 slots!

get ready for the most boring 5 months of your lives!

Connection Problems

rjs246

Quote from: Wingspan on March 15, 2005, 03:23:53 PM

get ready for the most boring 5 months of your lives!

I've lived in New England for the past 8 months... so fantasy baseball just barely wins the boring contest.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.