the random musings not worthy of new thread thread

Started by ice grillin you, March 28, 2006, 02:06:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

If by "late" you meant after 8:05PM, then yep, I'd be up late.  I'm up at 4:30 every morning and out the door by 6:00.  Wild nights are over for me. 

PhillyPhreak54

Dio check in

The bridge collapse in Baltimore is horrific. A container ship knocked out a huge portion and there were cars and people on the bridge.

Diomedes

Damn...hell of a story to wake up to. 

Plot twist:  I got a call from the Logan County (KY) coroner last night..my father passed.

Pretty sure the two events are not connected, but God works in mysterious ways.

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

Sorry for the loss of your dad. RIP.

watching that gives me anxiety - bridges don't scare me but I do always think about stuff like this, going into the water specifically, since that collapse in Minnesota years back.

SD

Diomedes

You're both kind thank you.

I've had about 45 years to process the loss of my father.  That work was pretty much complete 20 years ago. It just took him that much longer to actually die..

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

Rome

First chance I've had to check in today.  Holy hell that is terrible in Baltimore. 

Also - sorry about your Dad, Dio.  I lost mine a long time ago and I still miss him every day.

Diomedes

Appreciate the love, but I'm good.  I lost my Dad when I was 4.  It took 45 more years for him to die.  I've had plenty of time to prepare myself.

Diomedes

I stumbled upon one of these in the park

https://www.nielsen.com/news-center/2021/nielsen-readies-next-gen-wearable-metering-technologies-and-devices-for-national-local-and-audio-measurement/

I've read that twice and I still can't tell you what this thing is / how it works.  Rich possibilities for conspiracy theorizing abound.

One thing seem certain:  :CF ratings are going up now!

PhillyPhreak54

Checking the internet for the first time since the accident this morning and of course it's rife with speculation and whack job conspiracies about the ship hitting the bridge.

DEI caused it?

Mossad?

Foreign nation(s) trying to disrupt the food supply?

JFC this country is farged

SD

Best one is it's to take the headline away from p diddy

Rome

My colleague is retired Coast Guard.  He nailed it the moment he saw it.  Ship lost power.  No nefarious shtein going on. 

The lies being spread out there are intentional.  If you can't trust anything, you'll fall for anything. 

It's sinister and the fargs doing it should be launched into the sun. 

ice grillin you

fox news blaming it on bidens infrastructure plan is something....fox business then blamed it on open borders because it was a foreign ship
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous