Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

they are a .500 team plus 0-2 in the unwinnable games

so prob 3-5 to finish but maybe 4-4 if all goes well

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

QB Eagles

Skins aren't anything better than the Eagles but got the dead Cards and one-leg Aaron Rodgers instead of the Vikings and Rams. Schedule wins. Dallas roughly the same quality too, but they've looked like a zombie team in every game but one. They are in the mix, but all these teams, Eagles included, are unimpressive. Eagles have the best QB by a lot.

Forget the WC and the Panthers, Vikings, etc because the only way an East team is making the playoffs is via winning the division. Eagles gotta have at least 4 of the remaining divisional games I think. On paper it looks like the Skins can get to 10 wins easy but I think the division winner ends up going 9-7. The NFCE sucks that bad.

Something to keep an eye on is that the Rams might have home field locked up by the time they host the Birds. The Saints are good but not so good that they won't drop a couple more games.

MDS

the rams will either be undefeated or wont have everything clinched for that game....so theyll have something to play for

washington seems like the good bad team i.e. the alex smith special. theyll go 11-5 and get crushed in the first round of the playoffs.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

My hope today: They get a half way decent RB for a late round pick (there are decent backups out there that are better than what they have). A Veteran WR. People really think Josh Adams is the answer. He has no football speed. Sure if there's a massive hole he can gain some yards but he's not a power back, can't cut back, and doesn't hit holes hard. If they don't add a back today I think Clement comes out of the bye getting the majority of the snaps. The quad injury has really slowed him down. Go Howie.

ice grillin you

id rather not give up assets for any players this year...but if you are all in on another SB and if theres one available somewhere (pimp?) id rather get a WR than a RB...while i like their pass catching weapons i feel they need an upgrade there to keep up with the kc's rams etc of the world...the way the league wants video game offenses now i think you need more elite talent running around the field for carson...add in the eagles defense and if you wanna win it all this year you are going to need to win some 49-48 playoff games

i like alshon ertz agoholor even goddert but none of them are truly dynamic

MDS

yea theres no way you can make the defense good overnight...they are missing serious pieces in the secondary and on the DL. 3 of their projected starters (mcleod, jurngin, barnett) are out for the year. 2 others (long, bennett) are old and washed up. dexter mcdougle played 90% of snaps last week. think about that. bruce hector is playing a lot of snaps. so is josh sweat. this isnt viable.

meanwhile on offense you have a top 10 qb and some solid in house weapons. to me the thing to, if you think you can compete, is pay the toll and grab pimp. hes the only game changer out there. remember, if you want to win the super bowl, you have to win road playoff games IN la and no. you have to play their game.

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

QB Eagles

Is there even an RB other than Gurley that can win a game for you in today's NFL? Even Barkley isn't enough and he looks like a Hall of Famer. Maybe Kamara. And those are guys you can use all over the field. Even the Steelers showed they can plug and play a guy to replace Bell. It's a totally devalued position.

The Skins have been semi-effective as a run-focused team on both sides of the ball, but it feels like they are playing football from 15 years ago. It's probably not sustainable and not something the Eagles should be trying to emulate when you have Wentz under center.

If they make a move it has to be a speedy WR or at least a competent CB. Like igy said, you gotta arm up the team to win some shootouts.

General_Failure

One DB might help the defense, but a RB or a speedy receiver isn't going to make the offensive line good again.

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

that might be true but you arent getting a corner to sufficiently improve the defense either...good corners arent moved

i also think the offensive line isnt as bad as people think and can be overcome with a great qb and an improvement in weapons

QB Eagles

For every team, Barnwell took a look at which players are likely to still be on the roster two years from now. No surprises but it's interesting to see it lined up like this.

Virtual locks: WR Alshon Jeffery, DT Fletcher Cox, T Lane Johnson, TE Zach Ertz, G Brandon Brooks, S Malcolm Jenkins, DE Derek Barnett, CB Sidney Jones, TE Dallas Goedert, WR Mack Hollins, DB Avonte Maddox, QB Carson Wentz, CB Rasul Douglas, C Jason Kelce

On the bubble: WR Nelson Agholor, T Halapoulivaati Vaitai, RB Corey Clement, DE Chris Long, DE Brandon Graham, LB Jordan Hicks, CB Jalen Mills, CB Ronald Darby, S Rodney McLeod, G Isaac Seumalo

Unlikely notables: WR Golden Tate, WR Jordan Matthews, LT Jason Peters, QB Nick Foles, RB Darren Sproles, RB Jay Ajayi, DE Michael Bennett, DT Haloti Ngata, LB Nigel Bradham, S Corey Graham, G Stefen Wisniewski

MDS

chris long is in the No group...this is it for him.

rasul is on the bubble...couldnt get on the field this year despite jalen mills getting burned on the regular

QB Eagles

Agree with both of those. I think Long retired sometime during the Week 2 game and no one noticed.

ice grillin you

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you