Computer Geeks Unite! And farging help me!

Started by Sgt PSN, November 03, 2006, 08:52:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

Thank you.

What would you say is a "decent" price for laptop vs. desktop?  I'm not bargain hunting, just don't know reasonable price points.

I'm fine with not bringing a laptop to work, so if I'm looking at $500 more for a laptop then I'll stick to a desktop.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

phattymatty

Im a Mac guy but my wife has a Samsung phone and we have a Samsung tv so I bought her a Samsung laptop.  It's pretty good and as close as I've seen to Apple when it comes to streaming from phone to tv to laptop and vice versa.  Not sure the exact model but they have some good ones, big screens and thin and light.  And not crazy expensive.

General_Failure

You can get a decent laptop for between $250 and $500, but the screen might be smaller. If you just want a tower without a monitor, keyboard, or the rest, you might have to look at the refurbished stuff to hit that price.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Diomedes

Oh..so the desktops are more expensive now....ok. 

Thanks again, appreciate it.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger