Jordan Hicks, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by PhillyPhreak54, May 01, 2015, 10:50:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Graham is considered an OLB..how can this be disputed?

OLB - Barwin
DE - Cox
NT - Logan
DE - Thornton
OLB - Graham
ILB - Kendricks
ILB - Alonso

ice grillin you

it will be a combination....if demeco is healthy kendricks or kiko will move outside but thats a huge if...perhaps hicks bumps someone outside and other times as i said graham will be in...but he will be on the line to get to the qb

in a perfect world demeco retruns to form and plays inside on downs 1-2...putting kendricks outside...then on passing downs demeco leaves kendricks moves inside and they play hybrid 3-4/4-3 with graham on the edge rushing the passer and kiko barwin kendricks playing LB
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 02, 2015, 01:18:40 AM
Graham is considered an OLB..how can this be disputed?

OLB - Barwin
DE - Cox
NT - Logan
DE - Thornton
OLB - Graham
ILB - Kendricks
ILB - Alonso

because on passing downs they will play a 4-3

billy davis plays this hybrid all the time.....graham is basically replacing trent cole as the pash rusher in this defense

PhillyPhreak54

but by roster designation he's an OLB

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 02, 2015, 01:33:29 AM
but by roster designation he's an OLB

because nfl rosters dont have a "pass rusher" position...their position designations were created decades ago and are antiquated not having adapted to the advent of the 3-4 back in the day...if the eagles ran a 4-3 youd think brandon graham was all of a sudden a DE even tho hes doing the exact same thing on the field as he is in a 3-4

kevin greene is a perfect example...listed a lb but had like 120 career sacks...anyone who watched him knows he wasnt a lb

ice grillin you

an easier way of thinking about it is to say that brandon graham being on the roster is not keeping any of those guys on easy's list off the roster...he will be keeping a DL from making it...like i said taylor hart...brandon bair or most likely vinny curry

SD

Davis runs a 3-4 but it's really a 4-3. The weak side lb almost always lines up in the predator role which is really just a DE who blitzes. He lines up like an lb but he rushes the passer same as a de does. It's another way to disguise the pass rusher. So you can call Graham an lb or a de it doesn't matter.

Not thrilled with this pick. Would have liked OL depth of even another db

phattymatty

Oh man great pick I love how this guy takes care of his body.

phattymatty

Like how can anyone say that with a straight face about another adult. What a weird farging sport.

rjs246

Whatever. I like the way you take care of your body, Matt. In fact I love it. LOVE it.

Actually, you're right, it feels weird.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Rome

I fell asleep right before this pick.  So did Chip, apparently.  At least they won't run out of linebackers again.  Maybe.

General_Failure

Quote from: phattymatty on May 02, 2015, 06:16:01 AM
Like how can anyone say that with a straight face about another adult. What a weird farging sport.

What's really weird is the combine, where they'll spend a half hour talking about the shape of someone's ass.

The man. The myth. The legend.

phattymatty

My workout routine includes a Bloody Mary festival on Sunday. Everyone is invited.

Rome

I'll need a few after tonight.  This might be the best sporting day ever.  Or it might be a clusterfarg.  Either way, IN.

BigEd76