Brent Celek, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by SunMo, April 29, 2007, 02:07:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

Wait, that's not a good thing

lol

not a chance this guy makes the team right?
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Feva

If he does... what does that tell you about how farged up the TE position is?
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

rjs246

Of course he's making the team. Andy Reid doesn't cut white draft picks.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

if he makes anything more than the practice squad then like feva said something aint right at the te position....the question is does celek get cut or PS

that said....i actually still like schobel quite a bit...i know some are down on him but i wouldnt hate on him being lj's replacement next year

Seabiscuit36

I still am pissed they passed Ben Patrick for this turd
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Dillen

Although I agree with you, people really overrate Patrick. He's decent in all areas but not even "good" at one. Celek has the potential to be a good receiving TE.

Ben Patrick - George Wrighster
Brent Celek - Ben Utecht

Wrighster is decent at everything, and last year likely will be his best year production wise with Marcedes Lewis taking over. I know Utecht isn't exactly an all star, but a tall thin quick TE with good balls skills and decent YAC ability is what he is. Not a very good blocker. He's a lot like Celek. I'd imagine Celek being a LS might have something to do with it too.

ice grillin you

please dont tell me you just used a paragraph to tell us how brent celek was a better pick than ben patrick

you def were a matt mccoy defender too werent you?

Dillen

Clearly making claims based off of absolutely nothing makes an argument more convincing.

I said I would have preferred Patrick. What I said is why I think the Eagles liked him.

ice grillin you

I said I would have preferred Patrick

i dont believe you

and your reasoning why the eagles took celek was baseless as patrick has a 1000 times better chance to be a receiver in the nfl than celek

Dillen

Patrick has a lot of potential. In the 5th round I would have definitely preferred the Eagles to take someone with potential over a safe player who will play exactly like a 5th round pick, similar to the pick of Gaddis over someone like the ND safety.  However, Patrick probably isnt even close to his potential right now and the Eagles are going to need help immediately. He could be real good in 3 or 4 years, but they'll likely need a solid TE in 2008.

ice grillin you

schobel is celek but much better now and will be in 2008...if celek is even in the nfl then

i agree about taking upside at that spot...and if youre gonna take a position like back up te then why not have a back up te that can one day be a starter...do you really think celek is gonna be better than patrick in 2008

i would agree with you if this was a first round pick and we were talking about a guy who could start this year or next vs a guy who was a project...but with either player there is going to be a waiting period so why not pick the guy that might be worth the wait

The BIGSTUD

Tons of other teams passed on Patrick too. Obviously teams didn't like what they saw.

I love how when the draft rolls around everyone all of a sudden knows everything about every player. Just because some of you never heard of him or didn't watch a lot of Cinci games doesn't mean he can't play.

I'm not saying he is or isn't going to be better than Patrick, but to claim he sucks without seeing him in at least one preseason game is ridiculous.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

PoopyfaceMcGee

I think you're all missing the most important point - that the guy is a nerdouche.

Magical_Retard

Quote from: FastFreddie on May 13, 2007, 06:59:09 AM
I think you're all missing the most important point - that the guy is a nerdouche.

i bet he gets along with banner.
Marge: I have someone who can help you!
Homer: Is it BATMAN!!??
Marge: No hes a scientist
Homer: Batman is a scientist.
Marge: Its not BATMAN!

Feva

Quote from: FastFreddie on May 13, 2007, 06:59:09 AM

He just needs a hunky makeover a la Stewie Bradley.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews