ConcreteField: We hate you, and we insist you conform to our ways

Started by General_Failure, November 07, 2004, 07:34:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MURP

Susquehanna Birder

Quote from: Wingspan on November 08, 2004, 03:47:35 PMi'm going to vote against him in his next election based soley on that.

That was a big reason (not the only one) why I did the same in the last election.

Susquehanna Birder

FYI: I removed cyberstorm's sig pictures. Dude had 3 movies in there, totalling 3+ megs.

GoinLong

Quote from: Wingspan on November 08, 2004, 03:47:35 PM
Quote from: Zanshin on November 08, 2004, 02:38:16 PM
I'm from Jersey-- at least yours doesn't try to do football players.

honestly...i cringe when i see rendell on that terrible postgame show...

i'm going to vote against him in his next election based soley on that.

How would you improve it?
The house was built by players like  ,  [Joyner], [Brown], [Simmons]," he says. "They set that legacy of Eagles defense, then passed it on to us and we built from it. Now, it's their turn to uphold the reputation."- TV

PhillyGirl

Quote from: Wingspan on November 08, 2004, 03:47:35 PM

honestly...i cringe when i see rendell on that terrible postgame show...

i'm going to vote against him in his next election based soley on that.

I think the postgame show is great. Not sure what's so wrong with it....how many other local sports stations have 2 hours of post game coverage like that....with one ex-player, one HoF football writer, a *usually* funny host and the friggin governor of the state? And if you are going to vote against Rendell because you dont' like him in the postgame show, you've got problems.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Wingspan

i've got problems, no doubt. but this one would be so low on my priority list.

i dont get caught up in media coverage of sports. i don't care what espn says, i dont care what the newspapers say. and i especially don't care what the governor has to say about the eagles. sure, there's some stuff i enjoy from the media (The Sports Guy, TMQ, i watch NFLPrime Time...etc...).

i really dont watch much, if any pregame stuff, and i dont watch any postgame stuff other than reids press conference, and that is only for the injury report. it's more fun to watch the games if i avoid all the talking heads. i'll talk eagles forever, with fans, in places like here. but i laugh when people get SO worked up over some blowhard writer "disses" the eagles.

and i just flat out don't like ed rendell.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Susquehanna Birder

Quote from: PhillyGirl on November 13, 2004, 10:21:17 AMAnd if you are going to vote against Rendell because you dont' like him in the postgame show, you've got problems.

Okay...I'll add that I think that he's an overly self-inflated, tax-greedy moron. Is that enough of a reason?

PhillyGirl

Quote from: Susquehanna Birder on November 13, 2004, 02:25:17 PM
Quote from: PhillyGirl on November 13, 2004, 10:21:17 AMAnd if you are going to vote against Rendell because you dont' like him in the postgame show, you've got problems.

Okay...I'll add that I think that he's an overly self-inflated, tax-greedy moron. Is that enough of a reason?

Yes, you have actual reasons...but to say that you won't vote for someone solely on not liking them on a football show is preposterous.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

General_Failure

How about not liking them because they're on a football show?

The man. The myth. The legend.

Wingspan

Quote from: PhillyGirl on November 13, 2004, 02:40:11 PM
Quote from: Susquehanna Birder on November 13, 2004, 02:25:17 PM

Yes, you have actual reasons...but to say that you won't vote for someone solely on not liking them on a football show is preposterous.

how about recognizing a litte humor?
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

GoinLong

Personally,I have always liked Rendell and thought that he was a real plus for the city and the state. He has a chance to again come up big for the region by helping SEPTA out of its$62million  budget crisis. They are threatening to cut ALL weekend service, which would include the EAGLES Express that services thousands of potential drivers to So. Philly.
The house was built by players like  ,  [Joyner], [Brown], [Simmons]," he says. "They set that legacy of Eagles defense, then passed it on to us and we built from it. Now, it's their turn to uphold the reputation."- TV

stillupfront

And make them "Homeland security Advisor"

1/9/06

Very proud sponsor of DarWIN Walker BSSE

Proud to be sponsored by HBionic

Wingspan

how much of a donation would it take to get an ignore feature here?

i'd buy a  :CF mug
Connection Problems

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Wingspan on March 31, 2006, 10:53:41 AM

Don't ignore me.  I swear I can change!

Tomahawk

Quote from: FFatPatt on March 31, 2006, 11:19:03 AM
Quote from: Wingspan on March 31, 2006, 10:53:41 AM

Don't ignore me.  I swear I can change!

Don't you ever change, big guy.

I want to continue to hate you.