Does size matter?

Started by Diomedes, February 21, 2006, 09:26:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

I was looking at the "seen a good movie lately" thread, and noticed how long it is...soon to be 100 pages, nearing 2000 posts.  And I wondered:  should we start a new one?  And then I wondered, does it matter?  I mean, are shorter threads that much easier to access?  Is there any real benefit to closing down huge threads?

I have no idea.

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

rjs246

I don't know why this is a thread, but here's a picture of a dude stepping in poop.

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Sgt PSN

:-D  :-D  :-D  :-D  :-D 

As for the question itself, that depends on who you ask.  T-hawk and Chuggie have been arguing about this for years.  T-hawk likes them big.  And Chuggie prefers enormous.

PhillyPhanInDC

Quote from: rjs246 on February 21, 2006, 09:33:17 PM
I don't know why this is a thread, but here's a picture of a dude stepping in poop.

He called the shtein, poop.

Norm McDonald r0xXorZ!!11!
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

Susquehanna Birder

I don't think it really matters.

PoopyfaceMcGee

MURP

Susquehanna Birder

As far as performance goes, it doesn't matter if the posts are in one group (a like a thread) or split between 10 groups. It's more an overall impact of the total number of posts than how they are grouped.

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

LBIggle

doesn't matter as long as people don't have a heart attack when somethings double posted, not read etc..   you can be damn sure i'm not reading through all of it.

hbionic

Quote from: L-ong-B-each-I-ggle on February 23, 2006, 07:32:43 PM
doesn't matter as long as people don't have a heart attack when somethings double posted, not read etc..   you can be damn sure i'm not reading through all of it.

I dare you.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

PoopyfaceMcGee

Speaking of size, has the ability to re-size a picture in a post been stripped from us?  If it's still possible, how do I do it?

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

PoopyfaceMcGee

So, width has to be defined before height, or it doesn't work?

Got it.