The Big 5.5 Sports Thread

Started by ice grillin you, December 09, 2009, 10:08:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

None of their alum have been exiled to Browntown, TX, so I'd say they're still 1 up on Temple. 

ice grillin you

they might be the worst team in the atlantic ten...that pretty much says it all
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

im not even sure how you can be worse than fordham and st boneradventure even if youre just picking up temple and nova's philly scraps

i wonder if dunphy yawned during this one like phil did the last time he beat temple...4 years ago
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Hawk

Quote from: MDS on January 29, 2011, 03:15:44 PM
Good day for temple...our gtown win looks better and we just sent that joke martelli one day closer to the unemployment line

I mean seriously how god awful st joes

St Joes's rotation is mostly freshmen/sophomores, don't get too excited about the win.

MDS

im not at all...temple sort of blows but st joes is maybe in the bottom 10 of d1 schools

im just happy that martelli is gonna get fired. he is in my top 5 most hated sports figures.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Hawk

Quote from: MDS on January 29, 2011, 05:36:54 PM
im not at all...temple sort of blows but st joes is maybe in the bottom 10 of d1 schools

im just happy that martelli is gonna get fired. he is in my top 5 most hated sports figures.

I think Martelli is an extremely overrated coach, and its time for to go.  The a-10 coaching gig is not a career job... it's for a young, hungry coach to come in, make a name for himself, make a nice little run, then move on to a bigger program.  The fact that they have grandfathered Martelli in there is an absolute joke.  Vastly overrated coach in my opinion.

As for St. Joe's being in the bottom 10 of d-1 programs... I'm hoping that's just an exagerration to make a point.  You realize how much awful conferences/awful teams there are throughout the land.

ice grillin you

they arent literally bottom ten because theres like a thousand d1 cbb teams but for them being in a top bb city and in the conference they are in they might just be bottom ten

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Hawk on January 29, 2011, 05:59:37 PM
The a-10 coaching gig is not a career job

John Chaney says hi. 

QB Eagles

Sgt PSN

Hawk

Quote from: Sgt PSN on January 30, 2011, 01:44:19 PM
Quote from: Hawk on January 29, 2011, 05:59:37 PM
The a-10 coaching gig is not a career job

John Chaney says hi. 

Cause the exception is the rule?  Thad Matta says hi...

MDS

what a thrilling conversation

MDS

temple @ dayton on the u right now

horrendous basketball all around

how the farg is temple in the top 25 and what does that say about college hoops

phillymic2000

They seem to play better without Allen in there though. But yes, this team is bad.

ice grillin you