The Rest of the NHL

Started by BigEd76, August 01, 2005, 02:28:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

Not a big surprise considering Chicago is up against the cap

phillymic2000

Yes! can't wait to see all those brand new Byfuglien jerseys on these fargin bandwagon jumpin Hawk "fans".  :-D wait we still lost to them  :boom but hey farg them for dropping $100+  :-D

BigEd76

-- Brind'Amour finally retired and will take a front office position in Carolina

-- Chicago continued their purging by trading Kris Versteeg to Toronto in a 5-player deal

-- Biron signed a 2-yr deal with the Rangers

-- Sergei Gonchar left Pittsburgh and signed with Ottawa for 3/$16.5M + NTC

BigEd76

Niittymaki to the Sharks to replace Nabokov

BigEd76

Kovalchuk re-signed with NJ

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Seabiscuit36

I want the Devils to win this battle with the NHL.  NHL is overstepping their bounds like they did with the Pronger and Hossa contracts last year.  This deal could really hurt the Devils for years, as good as Kovalchuk is i dont think he's a good fit for the Devils System.  Unless they completely change the way they've played for years and been very sucsessful, its going to be interesting.  The other funny part is the Kings can start negotiating with him again, and his contract offer wasnt 17 years long with them. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PoopyfaceMcGee

DH

Quote from: BigEd76 on June 17, 2010, 03:17:57 PM
Halak's reward for a run to the ECF?  A trade to the Blues.....

Niemmi's reward for winning the Cup? Getting cut in favor of Marty Turco. Am I missing something??

rjs246

Here's what everyone is missing... goalies don't matter that much unless,
1. The goalie in question is an all time great and can literally carry his team sinle-handedly.
2. The goalie in question crumbles noticibly in pressure situations.
3. You are the Flyers and your goalies are never all time greats and always crumble under pressure.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

PoopyfaceMcGee

I thought Leighton outplayed Niemi for most of the series, but I'd still rather have Niemi starting for the Flyers.  Logic is overrated.  Maybe I perceive him to have a higher ceiling, because he's younger and has a cool Scandinavian name.

phillymic2000

Neimi, take a serious look, he is young and only played half a season.

Seabiscuit36

He has a great playoff beard, thats all i have. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons