The Rest of the NHL

Started by BigEd76, August 01, 2005, 02:28:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smeags

Quote from: Rome on May 28, 2010, 12:17:39 PM
The Yankees & Red Sox are hateful enough.  Having them crammed down our throats by every sports media outlet in the country makes it worse.  That's what PG was inferring, I believe.

and joe west agrees.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

ice grillin you

i dont even mind the yankees...and the red sox are so hatable because their fans are more annoying that the next three worst fan bases combined...has nothing to do with espns lovefest with them....christ just dont watch the game

i mean are people that hard up for philly teams to be on national tv?
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

no old cranky people just complain about everything
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

BigEd76

Looks like there's a second outdoor game in February.....Montreal/Calgary at McMahon Stadium (where the CFL's Stampeders play)

SD

I don't understand the big deal with the Winter Classic. They play a game outdoors, whoopty doo.

My only problem with the league promoting Crosby/Ovechkin is they're putting certain players on a pedistool like the NBA did, which leads to favoritism when it comes to getting calls. Kobe Bryant basically has a 2 foot shield around him when he plays.

ice grillin you

yeah it was cool at first...but now its like whatever...would still be kinda cool to go to but i watched penn state (for the most part) over the flyer bruin game this year

MDS

Quote from: SD on May 28, 2010, 02:23:48 PM
I don't understand the big deal with the Winter Classic. They play a game outdoors, whoopty doo.

My only problem with the league promoting Crosby/Ovechkin is they're putting certain players on a pedistool like the NBA did, which leads to favoritism when it comes to getting calls. Kobe Bryant basically has a 2 foot shield around him when he plays.

didnt this happen to gretzky and lemuix and jagr and even lindros?

the best players always get the calls. every sport does this.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

to be fair its hard to market anything when your sport really wasnt on tv as was the case for much of gretzkys and marios careers...they also didnt have a buisnessman owner like bettman...they had hockey people running the league then

SD

In terms of greatness its Gretzky/Lemieux >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Crosby/Ovechin

That being said they weren't marketed on the scale Crosby/Ovie are. The NBA showed marketing a player is a better means to promote your sport than marketing a team is. The NHL has gone out of their way to make them the face of their league. NBA officiating got REALLY bad during the Jordan years, and it's continued with Kobe Bryant. Basketball in the 80's was entirely different, Laimbeer would be kicked out of the league for the crap he pulled.

MDS

waiting for rome to come in and say he liked it better when there more white players

BigEd76

Halak's reward for a run to the ECF?  A trade to the Blues.....

BigEd76

Scott Niedermayer is hanging em up

and Florida traded Nathan Horton and another player to Boston for Dennis Wideman, #15 overall and a pick next year

ice grillin you

and dino ciccerelli is the only member of this years hof class

SD

PhillyGirl

QuoteByfuglien, Sopel, Eager to Atlanta for first round pick (New Jersey's), 2nd round pick (new jersey's), Reasoner and Jeremy Morin.

#    Note on Atlanta/Chicago deal: Prospect Akim Alou also goes from Chicago to Atlanta, but he's not ready to play in the NHL next season.     28 minutes ago  via web

# In the Atlanta deal, Chicago gets the No. 24 pick, not Atlanta's No. 8 pick.

Tweets from USA today

and ESPN just picked it up

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nhl/news/story?id=5320715
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen