The Rest of the NHL

Started by BigEd76, August 01, 2005, 02:28:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seabiscuit36

Caps now in Game 7 3rd time in a row, pressure is on. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PhillyGirl

MDS, seriously...just exit the thread. Your whining needs a day off.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

MDS

its a valid point, miss lady.

it is kind of silly to always have 1 and 2 seeds go down every year in the playoffs. kind of make the regular season pointless, dont ya think?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyGirl

If it were a 3 or 5 game series, sure, it would be ridiculous.

But its a SEVEN game series. The top seed, if they can't pull out 4 wins, doesn't deserve to move on. Period.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

MDS

so the top seed is rarely, if ever, good in hockey? what a strange coincidence.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Seabiscuit36

too grueling a schedule,  82 games and expecting health is the impossible.  The playoffs are about teams who rise to the occassion.  Look at the Flyers win over the devils, i didnt see that coming, nor did i see Montreal taking this to game 7.  The Caps are a team that gets ahead of themselves.   After the flyers eliminated the devils, Boudreau was answering questions about the flyers, not about the Habs.  Its the NHL playoffs that allow the sport to even exist.  Without the playoffs, hockey would only be played on ponds.  The problem is the NHL has farged itself so many times over, that people just care less. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

MDS

how about 5-8, 6-7 one game play ins

3-low, 4-high 3 game series

1 low, 2 high 7 gamers, winners meet, cup finals

and do it in february right after the super bowl, have it over with before march madness. and cut nashville, atlanta, florida, tampa, anaheim, islanders, and maybe the devils and the stars.

ice grillin you

series should be over if not for the horrible game 2 choke job by mtl
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

rjs246

I generally refrain from bashing MDS in this thread because it's sort of pointless, but those last couple of posts were just priceless.

Judging the validity of a sport based on its tv market share, floating some meandering illogical point about low versus high seeds, suggesting the contraction of the Islanders and Devils... solid gold.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

MDS

Quote from: rjs246 on April 27, 2010, 07:35:50 AM
I generally refrain from bashing MDS in this thread because it's sort of pointless, but those last couple of posts were just priceless.

Judging the validity of a sport based on its tv market share, floating some meandering illogical point about low versus high seeds, suggesting the contraction of the Islanders and Devils... solid gold.

do you not understand how teams make their money?

also give me one good reason why new york needs 3 teams in its market.

sometimes you just have to call a spade a spade and get rid of teams that are just pointlessly there. the nhl should go to 20 teams, getting rid of 8 southern cities and moving 2 teams to winnipeg and quebec city. you dont need a friggin team in newark and on long island. they dont draw well in the arena or on tv. they serve no purpose.

rjs246

Let them eat bootstraps.

Seabiscuit36

The Devils cant even fill their building for playoff games.  Devils though they've been dominant are a joke of a fanbase.  Nashville has a good following year round.  Florida shouldnt have hockey, PHX will be in Canada soon. 

ice grillin you

Quote from: rjs246 on April 27, 2010, 07:35:50 AM

last week he said the mls was better than the nhl

not addressing him when it comes to hockey is the best course to take
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

lol

the term was "matters more," not "is better."

but really its all in the same. at least the mls isnt expanding into cities that dont know what a soccer ball is like atlanta or memphis.

rjs246

It gets less coherent with each post. Remarkable.

Let them eat bootstraps.