The Rest of the NHL

Started by BigEd76, August 01, 2005, 02:28:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

Quote from: QB Eagles on June 13, 2009, 10:35:18 AM
Quote from: Rome on June 13, 2009, 10:27:56 AM
It's warm and non-alcoholic, though...

It's purgatory, not hell. I'm thinking that they have cold, alcoholic beer, but it's Coors Light.

I heard in Hell they have Guinness on tap.  And incest.

Eagaholic

BigEd76

375,000 at the parade today.....the same route where 300,000 showed up for the Steelers one.  Weak...

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

ice grillin you

Quote from: BigEd76 on June 15, 2009, 04:37:55 PM
375,000 at the parade today.....the same route where 300,000 showed up for the Steelers one.  Weak...

in a city as small as pittsburgh i wouldnt call that weak....what i dont get is how did the pens parade outdraw the steelers....theres no possible way a flyer parade would outdraw the phillies much less an eagle parade
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

especially when the 2000 census had pittsburgh's population at a little more than 300k and the metropolitan area at around 2.5 mil. 

QB Eagles

Weather was temps in the 70s and crystal clear sky today. Weather during the Steelers parade was mid-20s, light snow.

QB Eagles

The number I don't get is that attendance at the Pirates game was 18,000 during Game 7 and since I was there I can confirm that number didn't look to be inflated very much. A pretty good number of Tigers fans there too. Didn't anyone tell them a hockey game was on?

ice grillin you

even zesty baseball is a million times more popular than hockey

SD_Eagle5

Hockey as it stands right now is an unwatchable sport. I'll always watch the Flyers, but the days of just catching a normal game are over, unless there's a superstar playing and then I might tune in for a period or two. Bettman royally farged the league in a time when people in general love contact sports and fighting (UFC's popularity as an example).

ice grillin you

while the sport pales in comparison to the 80's its ten million times better now than in the 90's and pre strike aughts

im certainly not gonna sit down and watch anaheim pheonix unless absolutely nothing else is on but id definitely watch a random st louis chicago game for example...the problem is even in its improved post lockout state its still not nearly as good as the nba and since they run at the same time ill always watch the basketball over the hockey if the games playing are close to equal

Seabiscuit36

LOL at rejecting Basille's offer again. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

MDS

over 8 mil watched game 7, highest rated game in 32 years

im sure next years carolina/vancouver final will carry that momentum
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SunMo

goddamn gay Penguins and their cup

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

rjs246

There are no words for how angry that makes me.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.