The Rest of the NHL

Started by BigEd76, August 01, 2005, 02:28:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on June 03, 2009, 10:26:48 AM
is that a shot at IGY? 

its a shot at everyone who embraces the nhl as a major league and immediately came back after they canceled an entire farging season. everyone made baseball wait until really 2001 to come back, but all you loons go right back to hockey and you stay despite it being deserving of failure so it can be revamped.

i suppose these cup finals work, but really, in no way shape or form is it possible to take hockey seriously when the carolina hurricanes and anahiem ducks consistently compete for titles.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Seabiscuit36

The thing i learned from the strike was i didnt need Hockey as much as i thought i did.  And that they've continually made it worse over the past 10years makes it tougher to watch than ever. 

The other thing about the Strike for the NHL, it solved nothing.  The Cap has been a failure.  The Lighting won with a small salary pre lockout, then the Canes again, small market team.  Detroit is just amazing at scouting, and the Pens had top 3 picks in 5 straight drafts. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

reese125

Quote from: Sgt PSN on June 03, 2009, 10:29:43 AM
Quote from: ice grillin you on June 03, 2009, 09:36:22 AM
didnt even think one second about when they showed it during the game and havent since...i just dont buy into that stuff...its all internet created...sports is no different now than it was 25 years ago...the difference is now kids love to run on the internet and talk crap like that and for some reason people buy into it....back in the day there was no such thing as conspiracies...sports was just sports...now this internet age population has to bring made up drama into everything...i honestly feel sorry for you people that you cant even enjoy the games like they should be

the shoeless joe jackson says hi. 

as long as there's been sports, there have been people conspiring to say that the league/refs/mafia controlled the outcome of games.  i had an uncle as a kid who, every time a philly team lost, would say that the game was fixed.  they only difference is that back then, there was no internet for joe the douchebag fan to blab on and on about how the refs/league/mafia fixes games.  if there was, i can guarantee that my uncle, and everyone who thought just like him would have been blogging about it every single day. 

the drama is and always has been there.  the only thing the internet is make it more accessable. 

why even go that far back...NBA's Tim Donaghy says

Sgt PSN

because donaghy wasn't a conspiracy, it was proven fact. 

MDS

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on June 03, 2009, 10:35:46 AM
The thing i learned from the strike was i didnt need Hockey as much as i thought i did.  And that they've continually made it worse over the past 10years makes it tougher to watch than ever. 

The other thing about the Strike for the NHL, it solved nothing.  The Cap has been a failure.  The Lighting won with a small salary pre lockout, then the Canes again, small market team.  Detroit is just amazing at scouting, and the Pens had top 3 picks in 5 straight drafts. 

basically of these things, yes. and somehow you guys can still take the nhl seriously and treat it like it matters. i understand the love for hockey, but i love tennis and dont go batshtein crazy over any match.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

rjs246

Maybe you should shut your stupid face and stop relating tv ratings to relevancy.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

didnt even think one second about when they showed it during the game and havent since...i just dont buy into that stuff...its all internet created...sports is no different now than it was 25 years ago...the difference is now kids love to run on the internet and talk crap like that and for some reason people buy into it....back in the day there was no such thing as conspiracies...sports was just sports...now this internet age population has to bring made up drama into everything...i honestly feel sorry for you people that you cant even enjoy the games like they should be

as long as there's been sports, there have been people conspiring to say that the league/refs/mafia controlled the outcome of games.  i had an uncle as a kid who, every time a philly team lost, would say that the game was fixed.  they only difference is that back then, there was no internet for joe the douchebag fan to blab on and on about how the refs/league/mafia fixes games.  if there was, i can guarantee that my uncle, and everyone who thought just like him would have been blogging about it every single day. 

the drama is and always has been there.  the only thing the internet is make it more accessable. 

so you had to go back to 1918...thats like saying the goodyear blimp is going to blow up tomorrow because the hindenberg did 100 years ago

99.9% of sporting events that have ever been played have not been fixed...for every shoeless joe jackson ill give you 5000 games where a fix wasnt in

were there a couple idiots 25 years ago saying games were fixed sure...but that was usually salty heads who lost money on a game and were bitter

now you got kids screaming non stop about every game in every sport...that comissioners have leagues fixed...that refs are told to win championships for sydney crosby or lebron james..an these morons truly believe this...and the funny thing is they dont even watch the games...they go on a mesage board and the rest of the kiddies are saying the same thing and it seems cool to go along with a story like that and POOF! its a conspiracy...

you have it backwards...more people are screaming everything is a conspiracy now because they are sheep on the internet and follow the few morons that start it...back in the day these fcouple morons didnt have a platform like the net to attract the other dopes...now they do and its out of control

its not these idiots i feel for because they never knew or cared about sports to begin with...its the people like sb that it really sucks for because they have had their whole world ruined by these dumb asses and cant enjoy what used to be a great thing to them
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

Quote from: rjs246 on June 03, 2009, 11:05:08 AM
Maybe you should shut your stupid face and stop relating tv ratings to relevancy.

whats funny is the wire is about the lowest rated tv show ever and he claims to love it
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

Quote from: rjs246 on June 03, 2009, 11:05:08 AM

so if less than 1% of the country cares about something, but yet a white dude from boston likes it, it therefore matters

rjs246

There are no white people in Boston.

And again you're relating TV numbers to 'people caring' about something. TV doesn't matter you farging weirdo.

Let them eat bootstraps.

MDS

of course it doesnt

but how many watch something equates to how popular it is. now that doesnt determine that quality, but for sports, it gives us a sense how many people are into the sport and thusly how big of a deal it is. and the nhl is how you say...meaningless.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 03, 2009, 11:16:06 AM

as long as there's been sports, there have been people conspiring to say that the league/refs/mafia controlled the outcome of games.  i had an uncle as a kid who, every time a philly team lost, would say that the game was fixed.  they only difference is that back then, there was no internet for joe the douchebag fan to blab on and on about how the refs/league/mafia fixes games.  if there was, i can guarantee that my uncle, and everyone who thought just like him would have been blogging about it every single day.  

the drama is and always has been there.  the only thing the internet is make it more accessable.  

so you had to go back to 1918...thats like saying the goodyear blimp is going to blow up tomorrow because the hindenberg did 100 years ago

99.9% of sporting events that have ever been played have not been fixed...for every shoeless joe jackson ill give you 5000 games where a fix wasnt in

were there a couple idiots 25 years ago saying games were fixed sure...but that was usually salty heads who lost money on a game and were bitter

now you got kids screaming non stop about every game in every sport...that comissioners have leagues fixed...that refs are told to win championships for sydney crosby or lebron james..an these morons truly believe this...and the funny thing is they dont even watch the games...they go on a mesage board and the rest of the kiddies are saying the same thing and it seems cool to go along with a story like that and POOF! its a conspiracy...

you have it backwards...more people are screaming everything is a conspiracy now because they are sheep on the internet and follow the few morons that start it...back in the day these fcouple morons didnt have a platform like the net to attract the other dopes...now they do and its out of control

its not these idiots i feel for because they never knew or cared about sports to begin with...its the people like sb that it really sucks for because they have had their whole world ruined by these dumb asses and cant enjoy what used to be a great thing to them

you just basically repeated everything i did but took about 8 more paragraphs to do it.  

also, i didn't have to go back to 1918....it just happens to be the most famous sports conspiracy ever.  

basketball point shaving, tyson being drugged before fighting douglas, knicks getting the #1 pick, etc, etc.  there's plenty of more recent conspiracies out there, many of which had plenty of fuel long before the internet became a household entity.  

the point is that things weren't all sunshine and candy before the internet came along like you originally claimed them to be.  

rjs246

The internet has ruined my life.

Let them eat bootstraps.

Sgt PSN

i'm pretty sure you're life would suck either way

rjs246

Maybe, but less people would know about it.

Let them eat bootstraps.