The Rest of the NHL

Started by BigEd76, August 01, 2005, 02:28:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Ho

That's exactly why I don't follow it.  Games on the Vs. Channel?  Can't wait till they sign that contract with The Travel Channel. 
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

detroit chicago is an all world series.....basically a midwest version of rangers flyers
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Seabiscuit36

love me some blackhawks

MDS is right though, the league failed again.  Surprise surprise
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

rjs246

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 15, 2009, 06:28:26 AM
detroit chicago is an all world series.....basically a midwest version of rangers flyers

Exactly.

Go Canes.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on May 15, 2009, 03:02:26 AM
yea but thats not the point.

what if the first game goes into ot. then no one sees the other. how farging stupid is the nhl. god i dont know how you people follow and support this league. i hope it burns to the ground.

how can you say no one cares about the nhl and never will then call the league stupid for not televising the games properly.....which is it?

you think more than 100 thousand people outside of boston gives a farg about hurricanes bruins?...so why would they change a game date or time for that?

this kind of rationalizing and thinking will not advance your journalistic career.....belee dat

MDS

wow you are pathetic sticking up for bettman

it doesnt matter that no one cares about that series. but bettman is directly alienating the diehard hockey fans by putting two game 7's on at the exact same time. and only 1 on tv. the other you have to buy that lame package to get.

it is a total embarassment for a sport that has made itself completely irrelevant with over-expanding and brutal tv deals and arrogantly canceling a season and expected the moron diehards to come back like nothing happened. oh wait, thats what happened.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: MDS on May 15, 2009, 10:42:17 AM
wow you are pathetic sticking up for bettman

it doesnt matter that no one cares about that series. but bettman is directly alienating the diehard hockey fans by putting two game 7's on at the exact same time. and only 1 on tv. the other you have to buy that lame package to get.

it is a total embarassment for a sport that has made itself completely irrelevant with over-expanding and brutal tv deals and arrogantly canceling a season and expected the moron diehards to come back like nothing happened. oh wait, thats what happened.
the fact they are charging 79bucks for CenterIce just for the playoffs is a joke in itself.  They should make it available for 20 bucks, just to get people to watch
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on May 15, 2009, 10:42:17 AM

crosby ovechkin could be on the three majors like a friggin presidential address and no one would watch it...so why would you go out of your way to put carolina boston on national tv

the sport was never not irrelevant and will never be accepted in america...bowling outdraws it...its why espn wanted no part of hockey...especially once they got basketball

the one thing they should do more in the playoffs and where boston carolina should have been last night was the nhl network...why they dont use it like the nba uses nba tv is beyond me

but to suggest they should have started an east game at 10pm or whatever youre saying for a handful of fans is retarded beyond belief...the diehards are never going to leave or be alienated thats why they are called die hards...but you already said that in the post above where you contridicted yourself 700 times again

rjs246

TV scheduling dictates the legitimacy of a sport. Don't you iceholes know anything?
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

MDS

you move one game a day back or start a game at 930 or something. its not that hard.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on May 15, 2009, 12:54:56 PM
you move one game a day back or start a game at 930 or something. its not that hard.

you cant move the dates of a game two days before its going to be played

arenas have schedules fans with tickets have plans ect

you can TBD game times like the nba does but not move game dates

but even so you really think a carolina hurricane game is worthy of that kind of treatment?

it would attract approximately 8 thousand additional viewers

Rome

all i know is the bruins choked and any time a boston team gags a series away it's a happy day for me.

ice grillin you

oh i had the last channel button going hardcore last night on the bruin and celtic implosions....it was lovely

MDS

basically what im saying is it was a total embarrassment for the nhl, who considers themselves and is considered by many, to be a major sports league. do a whole lot of people care that they couldnt watch canes/bruins? no.

but the point was made by doing this and the nhl ought to be ashamed. they are about on the same level as the mls.

ice grillin you

actually youre the only one that cares