The Rest of the NHL

Started by BigEd76, August 01, 2005, 02:28:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phillymic2000

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 20, 2009, 03:06:12 PM
Ovechkin leaves after watching practiceComment Email Print Share By Pierre LeBrun

NEW YORK -- The New York Rangers had an interested observer sitting on the visitor's bench as they took the ice for their pregame skate Monday morning.

Washington Capitals winger Alex Ovechkin was watching the Rangers practice when a Rangers trainer complained to the Capitals. Washington PR man Nate Ewell then asked Ovechkin to leave the area.

"Alex was just looking for a place to relax. He likes being by the ice," said Ewell. "As soon as he found out it made the Rangers uncomfortable, he left."

When asked why the Rangers wanted him to leave, Ovechkin joked: "Because they're afraid of me."

When asked why he did it, Ovechkin joked that he sat there to "tick off" Rangers coach John Tortorella. His answer drew many laughs from reporters.

Tortorella insisted after the skate he had no idea Ovechkin was there.

"Who? Oh, god, this is the first I've heard of it," said Tortorella. "Ask me a question about the game, not that [expletive]."

"I don't think he had a pen and paper and was writing down line combinations," joked Capitals coach Bruce Boudreau. "I can understand [the Rangers asking him to leave]. I've gotten into the same arguments with people when I've wanted privacy in my practice, so I can understand what John was going through."

What a little bitch

BigEd76

guess it affected them or something.....they lost 4-0

The Bruins are one win away from a sweep of the frogs

MDS

why does san jose have a hockey team
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

A lot of rich, well-educated northeastern transplants live in S.V.

MDS

somehow those douches + mexicans + 90 degree weather 24/7 doesnt smell like hockey
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

yeah, san jose is located in no cal just a few minutes south of san fran.  don't they have globes at temple? 

Rome

They do but they're written in ebonics.

MDS

Quote from: Sgt PSN on April 20, 2009, 10:59:31 PM
yeah, san jose is located in no cal just a few minutes south of san fran.  don't they have globes at temple? 

ok its still warm there and over 30 % hispanic so bla bla bla they still have no business having a hockey team

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

MDS

Seabiscuit36

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Thanks-to-NHL-s-disciplinary-system-everything-?urn=nhl,157960

Pretty good article about the NHL and how bad the suspensions have gotten.  This goes with the Colon Campbell video i put up
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 21, 2008, 08:25:47 AM
wheels who is probably the worst announcer in any sport...jack edwards is a close second
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 21, 2009, 01:27:38 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on May 21, 2008, 08:25:47 AM
wheels who is probably the worst announcer in any sport...jack edwards is a close second

It's crazy how bad he's gotten.  Edwards used to be pretty good, back in the ESPN days, but he's gone to a level of Homerism that only exists in Pittsburgh/Tampa Bay/New Jersey
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

wow avery is trying to lose this game for the rangers
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

BigEd76

frogs swept

caps down 3-1 again