The Rest of the NHL

Started by BigEd76, August 01, 2005, 02:28:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

on hockey night in canada last night they said it was down to chicago and montreal for gilroy...not even a mention of the flyers...has anything happened
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Seabiscuit36

HNIC will always say a canadian team is in the mix.  no word yet
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

regardless there wasnt even a sniff of the flyers being involved...guess well see how much of an insider their insider is

BigEd76

wow Capitals lose game 1 at home

MDS

lol easy tryin the old reliable post
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

phattymatty

as i was getting on the metro yesterday after work, a group of maybe 10 caps fans all geared up were getting off.  not one of them knew which way to go once they got off.  it was like none of them had ever even been to the verizon center before.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on April 12, 2009, 01:26:09 PM
HNIC will always say a canadian team is in the mix.  no word yet

because i dont watch hockey on the regular, it took me a minute to realize what the hell HNIC stood for because it wasnt making any sense with what i was thinking. 

BigEd76

That Gilroy kid that was supposedly signing with the Flyers........signed with the Rangers instead

QB Eagles

He was also supposedly signing with the Blackhawks, Leafs, and Canadiens.

ice grillin you

pretty sure the only place that he was ever signing with the flyers was extremeflyers.com

phattymatty

what's this dude's deal that he can just sign with whoever he wants.  why was he not drafted and whatnot?

BigEd76

he went undrafted before when he was under 6' then he grew like 3" or 4" the last two years and became the top player in college hockey, so now that he's graduating, he's a UFA

ice grillin you

Ovechkin leaves after watching practiceComment Email Print Share By Pierre LeBrun

NEW YORK -- The New York Rangers had an interested observer sitting on the visitor's bench as they took the ice for their pregame skate Monday morning.

Washington Capitals winger Alex Ovechkin was watching the Rangers practice when a Rangers trainer complained to the Capitals. Washington PR man Nate Ewell then asked Ovechkin to leave the area.

"Alex was just looking for a place to relax. He likes being by the ice," said Ewell. "As soon as he found out it made the Rangers uncomfortable, he left."

When asked why the Rangers wanted him to leave, Ovechkin joked: "Because they're afraid of me."

When asked why he did it, Ovechkin joked that he sat there to "tick off" Rangers coach John Tortorella. His answer drew many laughs from reporters.

Tortorella insisted after the skate he had no idea Ovechkin was there.

"Who? Oh, god, this is the first I've heard of it," said Tortorella. "Ask me a question about the game, not that [expletive]."

"I don't think he had a pen and paper and was writing down line combinations," joked Capitals coach Bruce Boudreau. "I can understand [the Rangers asking him to leave]. I've gotten into the same arguments with people when I've wanted privacy in my practice, so I can understand what John was going through."

BigEd76

bigger dog so far:  San Jose or Washington?

Eagles_Legendz

San Jose chokes every year come April.  Ridiculously predictable.

However, the Rangers are dogs so I'd probably go with Washington.  Lunq is the best goalie in the playoffs right now though, so if you truly buy into the 'goalies win in the playoffs' theory than I guess no one should truly be shocked.