The Rest of the NHL

Started by BigEd76, August 01, 2005, 02:28:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

wait Olaf Kolzig and Curtis Joseph are STILL PLAYING?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

rjs246

It's all a trick to confuse you.

Let them eat bootstraps.

BigEd76

Wade Redden to the Rangers 6/$39M
Mark Streit to the Islanders 5/$20.5M
Holik and Rolston return to the Devils
Todd Fedoruk to the Coyotes

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: BigEd76 on July 01, 2008, 08:40:08 PM
Wade Redden to the Rangers 6/$39M

Gomez - 7.357 Drury - 7.05 Lundqvist - 6.875 Redden - 6.5 Roszival - 5. That's $32.782 million, or almost 60% of this year's cap

phattymatty

QuoteSean Avery, a man of contradictions. He has an eye for couture, but is definitely straight. He plays left wing for the New York Rangers (that's ice hockey, I'm told) but he was also a fabulous fashion intern at Vogue. The sartorial skater is in Paris right now gawping at the Chanel, Gautier, and Dior shows (with oh, you know, Anna), while also making time to mack on cute blonde lady bloggers. Specifically fashion writer Susan Kirschbaum, who ran into Avery in Paris, asked if he was sure he wasn't gay and was met with an endearingly bonk! straight boy response:

"I'm going home to jerk off to you now." Aww/eww. A tipster tells us that Avery added "And that's a big compliment," and later text messaged Kirschbaum saying that "the session is going well." So yes! A little creepy, but at least he's not been completely be-sassed by the sleek and bitchy fashion industry. Though it could all be an elaborate ruse and he really went back to his hotel to drink Moët and do blow all night with Tom Ford while Anna Wintour did slow 70's disco claps in the background, Carly Simon playing softly. If that's the case then boo, but if he really was practicing his stick-handling skills then good on him. I hope he had a steak afterwards.

SD_Eagle5

Hossa is close to signing with the Red Wings. Why even bother playing the season?

rjs246

Jesus. That's just not fair.

Let them eat bootstraps.

BigEd76

PoopyfaceMcGee

How does a team with that many good players have any cap room?

Seabiscuit36

They were near bottom of the cap floor last year i believe.  It's all by great scouting that they get these guys who turn into gems in their system.  Absolutely an amazing organization.   
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

BigEd76

Avery just got 4/$15.5M from Dallas

Carolina gave Pitkanen $12M  :-D

PoopyfaceMcGee

Cole's going to get a lot more than that next year, so I guess Carolina didn't mind losing value in that trade.

ice grillin you

wow penguins offered hossa 7-49 and he spit on that to sign for 1-7
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous