The Rest of the NHL

Started by BigEd76, August 01, 2005, 02:28:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seabiscuit36

Luc Bourdon, a former 1st rounder of Vancouver died at 21yo in a motorcycle accident.  Sucks, he was a very good young Dman
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Wingspan

It's not the NHL offseason unless someone dies in an alcoholic driven wreck.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Seabiscuit36

Soldier field would have been better
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

havent been to either but i cant imagine wrigley not being better in every possible way as far as watching a sporting event in...baseball obviously being the best but id like to go to wrigley for a cricket match just to see it and be able to say i went

Seabiscuit36

It still sounds like Beaver Stadium is getting a lot of consideration for next year.  That would be the roadtrip of the century

ice grillin you

they are only doing one outdoor game a year so beaver stadium will have to wait i suspect until at least 2011 since i think 2010 will be in canada again

Seabiscuit36

they can do multiple games outside if they want, its just whether or not they think its going to get ratings in the US.  Canadian teams wont get viewers, but a Pens/Flyers would.  Thing is the Pens will go back to sucking ass in a year or two

ice grillin you

bettman and the league have already said under no circumstances would they have more than one a year....i suppose they could change their minds but it wont be for next season

Seabiscuit36

Bettman could very well say that all games in the winter months will be played outside, he's a farging tool

NGM

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 29, 2008, 03:36:28 PM
they are only doing one outdoor game a year so beaver stadium will have to wait i suspect until at least 2011 since i think 2010 will be in canada again

It seems like a no brainer to do a game in Beaver Stadium or some other capacity equivalent venue.  Doesn't Bettman realize how good it would look to have 100,000 plus fans in a stadium for a hockey game?  God that guy is an idiot.
Fletch:  Can I borrow your towel for a sec? My car just hit a water buffalo.

ice grillin you

honestly no one will care how many fans are there.....these games as awesome as they are do not attract a single new fan to the sport

also i wouldnt be so sure that it would get 100k people...or anywhere close....maybe im underestimating but i think closer to 75-85...probably higher if its played when school is in session...anyway that would be a good bet

Munson

If it's when school is in session then there's no doubt it gets 100k. College kids look for any and all excuses to excessively drink and scream loudly for a few hours. Any tickets not bought by Flyers/Pens fans will be taken by binge drinking college students.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

MDS

cant overuse the novelty of an outdoor, so limiting it to once a year on new years is a solid idea.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SunMo

Barry Melrose is going to coach the Lightning, ha!
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.