The Rest of the NHL

Started by BigEd76, August 01, 2005, 02:28:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

Quote from: BigEd76 on April 12, 2007, 12:37:33 PM
If it was on ESPN, it would have gotten a .000002, but since it was VS, it was probably half of that.

You have to have Comcast to get Versus. No other cable outlet is essentially going to give their competitor a chance to advertise unless they have to (CSN being in all local households, regardless of cable operator). The NHL was monumentally stupid to sign a deal with Comcast. Perhaps the coverage is better geared towards hockey fans than it was on ESPN, but there are like 3 hockey fans. Morons.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SunMo

but at least Versus is run by smart people.

the only way i would've watched a playoff game tonight is on channel 207, Versus Hi Def, but they don't have hockey on, they have women's golf, and it's not even HD, just on the HD channel
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Father Demon

Quote from: MDS on April 12, 2007, 07:50:30 PM
Quote from: BigEd76 on April 12, 2007, 12:37:33 PM
If it was on ESPN, it would have gotten a .000002, but since it was VS, it was probably half of that.

You have to have Comcast to get Versus. No other cable outlet is essentially going to give their competitor a chance to advertise unless they have to (CSN being in all local households, regardless of cable operator). The NHL was monumentally stupid to sign a deal with Comcast. Perhaps the coverage is better geared towards hockey fans than it was on ESPN, but there are like 3 hockey fans. Morons.

I have versus, and it's on Charter Cable.
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

BigEd76

The Crosbys have been eliminated in 5 games  :yay

MDS

Bahaha. That, besides with Rangers, was the NHL's biggest draw. They are virtually assured a Finals that no one will watch.

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PhillyGirl

That picture really still creeps me out.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

SunMo

I never heard the stories why Recchi is/was considered a back-stabber

ice grillin you

ive never heard that either

i always assumed the picture was supposed to be about recchi once being marios right hand guy and now being jealous of crosby...with how mario took crosby in his house and butt plugged him in the basement on the regular
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SunMo

on real hardcore Flyer boards, Recchi is somewhat hated and called back-stabber.  I don't know why though

Seabiscuit36

Honestly Sun, i think its just that he goes back to Pitt and talks it up so much.  I find it hilarious how quickly the mention of his name gets people so fired up over there. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

thats why i stopped going to team specific message boards....the lunatic factor is always off the charts
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Seabiscuit36

You're currently on an eagles site right?