The Rest of the NHL

Started by BigEd76, August 01, 2005, 02:28:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigEd76

Ward wins the Conn Smythe

Congrats to Brind'Amour, Recchi and Williams

:-\

Geowhizzer

It's a bittersweet feeling watching Brind'Amour hoist the Cup.

Glad it's for him- my favorite player.

Should have been for the Flyers.  :boom

The BIGSTUD

I'm fargin pissed. The Canes are so undeserving of a cup. Not one god damn player on that team deserves one. farg Brind'Amour, farg Williams, farg Recchi and farg the Canes, and all their 10 fans too.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Bunkley78 on June 19, 2006, 11:23:22 PM
I'm fargin pissed. The Canes are so undeserving of a cup. Not one god damn player on that team deserves one. farg Brind'Amour, farg Williams, farg Recchi and farg the Canes, and all their 10 fans too.

It is better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you're a fool than to open it and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

The BIGSTUD

"When your team is eliminated from the playoffs, all you can do is hate on other teams because deep down, you can't root for a team other than your own."  -Bunkley78
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

Father Demon

The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

Geowhizzer

No, the Canes' players did nothing to deserve the Cup... except for winning the Stanley Cup Finals.  But that's not important.

... or that Cam Ward was awarded the Conn Smythe trophy...

... or how almost every Cane interviewed heaped praise on Brind'Amour's leadership...

... or how Erik Cole came back from a FREAKING BROKEN NECK...

... or that Aaron Ward played the last period of Game 5 with a concussion so he wouldn't have to get the automatic baseline test (would have kept him out at least game 6)...

Nothing against the Oilers- they played their hearts out and made it a series when no one gave them a chance to do so.  If they had won game 7, I would have said they "deserved" it.  Your comments reek of adolescent petulance.

Father Demon

Quote from: Geowhizzer on June 19, 2006, 11:53:03 PM
... or how Erik Cole came back from a FREAKING BROKEN NECK...

Over rated.

;)
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

The BIGSTUD

I'm just being a hater. Let me have my fun.

I got no one to root for, so I'll viciously root against a team for the playoffs and hate them. I for one can't stand the Canes, because I hate when ex-Philly players win, and I hate teams that win cups who have no fans like Carolina. Sure, they had fans at the game tonight, but during the regular season they couldn't sell out a game.

If you got no one to love you gotta hate, otherwise there's no reason to watch the sports. I have to have someone to root for or root against. I just take the hating to an extreme. Which is why no one on Carolina deserves a cup. The Oilers are better in every aspect of the game. Goaltending, offensively, defensively, and coaching.

Seabiscuit36

I had a friggin tear shoot out my eye when Brindy hoisted the Cup.  All i could think about was i hope Bobby Clarke and Eric Lindross are watching this.
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

rjs246

What an amazing series. It's cliched as all hell, but the Oilers should be farging proud of how well they played. Riding a backup goalie to game 7, going from the 8 seed to the finals. Awesome.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

PoopyfaceMcGee

In the end, they're still losers, like an 8 seed should be.

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

i wish i could have seen more of the series..it looked like a great...unfortunately the phillies played every nite of each game

but in honor of the whale i bring you the greatest team fight song in history

http://www.brassbonanza.com/Sound/brassbonanza.mp3
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

I hate the Canes more than you.  Guaranteed.