The Rest of the NHL

Started by BigEd76, August 01, 2005, 02:28:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Bunkley78 on June 01, 2006, 10:38:43 PM
Williams has done very little, but Brindamour, and Recchi have really played well.

He did score the 4th goal that put the game away, as well as setting up the game-winner for Brind'Amour.

The BIGSTUD

I didn't watch tonight, my cable went out because of this storm.

But in the playoffs as a whole I meant. Williams is ok, but I definitely don't regret getting rid of him. He's nothing special.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Bunkley78 on June 01, 2006, 11:29:52 PM
I didn't watch tonight, my cable went out because of this storm.

But in the playoffs as a whole I meant. Williams is ok, but I definitely don't regret getting rid of him. He's nothing special.

31 goals and 76 points this season.  5 goals and 14 points in the playoffs.

Only Simon Gagne (47) and Mike Knuble (34) scored more goals.

Only Gagne (79) scored more points.

If the Flyers had kept Markov, I'd tend to agree.  Since they didn't, and have little to show for Williams, it was a loss that hurt.

Think the Flyers could have used some of that offense against Buffalo?

EDIT:  Miscalculated the number of points Williams had last night.  Fixed in bold above.

The BIGSTUD

Sure, but Williams is on better team that benefits from better puck movement, speed, and players. I think if you put him here he would revert back to his old self. He fits well there, I don't know if he'd be good here. It's possible, but when he was here he was a disappointment. Sure I'd take him back I guess. I mean, it couldn't hurt even if he did play like the Williams of old.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Naturally, the Flyers are plenty good and don't need any these losers that actually score important goals.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: FFatPatt on June 02, 2006, 08:17:14 AM
Naturally, the Flyers are plenty good and don't need any these losers than actually score important goals.

It's all Esche's fault.

Geowhizzer

Stanley Cup Finals Game 1 = Fantastic!

Both of those teams left everything on the ice.  Great offense, great defenses and (considering the final score) great goaltending.  Ward made some breath-taking saves.

Tough break for Edmonton to lose Roloson.  From what MacTavish said, he's likely done for the series.  That was one nasty play that he got hurt on.

Don't care if no one else watches this series on TV- if the rest of the games go like this one, it will be one of the classic Stanley Cup Finals ever, and probably go all seven.  And because of @*#*(@#&@*( Bettman, fewer will see it than at any time in the past 30+ years.

Can anyone say Rod Brind'Amour = Conn Smythe?

And I can see my signed Brind'Amour #17 Flyers sweater from here...  :'(

The BIGSTUD

Roloson out for the series? No way. Didn't look bad at all. He got crashed into, but nothing looked torn or broken. I didn't see his leg get bent awkwardly or his hand get bent awkwardly. I thought he just got the wind knocked out of him. Unless there was something I didn't see.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Bunkley78 on June 05, 2006, 11:39:50 PM
Roloson out for the series? No way. Didn't look bad at all. He got crashed into, but nothing looked torn or broken. I didn't see his leg get bent awkwardly or his hand get bent awkwardly. I thought he just got the wind knocked out of him. Unless there was something I didn't see.

Knee injury.  According to MacTavish, it looked "like Hasek's."  The PR guys for Edmonton are keeping mum, but MacTavish was saying that one of the backups would start Game 2.

The BIGSTUD

That's terrible. I feel bad for Roloson, he's been playing great.

Plus I made a bet with my friend barring injury that the Oilers would win. He gave me chance to get out of it tonight and I didn't take it. I'm sticking with them Oilers. Conklin for the win!

PoopyfaceMcGee

If the Canes don't win the Cup, it will be one of the all-time biggest chokes.

Father Demon

I have to agree.  With Roloson in net, I liked the  Oilers to take this one.  Now with him out (MacTavish said last night he's not coming back), I can't see Conklin and backup-guy handling the pressure. 

Last night was fantastic.  I don't care who is playing, playoff hockey is the best thing on TV, and the Stanley Cup round takes it up another notch.

And, my boy Pronger made histroy last night.  Too bad it didn't help the Oil win it all.

GO OIL!!
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

phattymatty

agreed, i've kind of fallen off hockey a little bit because the nba playoffs have been so good this year, but that last night might have been the best and most exciting non-flyers playoff game I've ever seen.

as much as i normally dislike any southern hockey team, i think i'm rooting for the canes simply because of brindamour.

phattymatty

Quote from: Geowhizzer on June 05, 2006, 11:52:56 PM

Knee injury.  According to MacTavish, it looked "like Hasek's."

I belive he said like Radek's, as in Dvorak.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: phattymatty on June 06, 2006, 03:06:33 PM
Quote from: Geowhizzer on June 05, 2006, 11:52:56 PM

Knee injury.  According to MacTavish, it looked "like Hasek's."

I belive he said like Radek's, as in Dvorak.

Could be, I have a hard time distinguishing that damned Canadian accent.