The Rest of the NHL

Started by BigEd76, August 01, 2005, 02:28:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SunMo

QuoteReport: Brodeur signs six-year extension

1/27/2006 12:22:54 PM

SUNRISE, Fla. (CP) - Goaltender Martin Brodeur has agreed to a six-year contract extension worth $31.2-million US with the New Jersey Devils, according to a source.

The deal will pay him $5.2 million a year starting next season.

The 33-year-old Montreal native is making $5.237 million this season.

Brodeur is expected to start in goal for Canada at the Winter Olympics next month.

He led Canada to gold in 2002.

Brodeur has won the Vezina Trophy as the NHL's top goalie the last two seasons and has played in eight all-star games during his brilliant career.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

BigEd76

"Mighty Ducks of Anaheim" changing to "Anaheim Ducks" next season now that they aren't owned by Disney anymore.  They're also considering changing their logo and colors.  One rumor has them switching to The U's colors of orange and green...

Father Demon

St. Louis Blues Fire Sale has begun!

1st, team leading scorer Mike Sillinger traded to nashville for Timofei Shishkanov

Second, Doug Weight and 27-year-old Finnish forward Erkki Rajamaki traded for:

- Carolina's first-round pick in 2006.
- Toronto's fourth-round pick in 2006, previously acquired by the Hurricanes.
- Chicago's fourth-round pick in 2007, previously acquired by the Hurricanes.
- Tough guy forward Jesse Boulerice, a 27-year-old eighth-year pro
- Forward Mike Zigomanis, a 25-year-old fifth-year pro
- Magnus Kahnberg, 25, an unsigned Carolina draftee from Sweden who will become an unrestricted free agent on July 1

Third:
Although the Weight trade is not related to the ongoing ownership issues with the Blues, sources tell TSN it finally looks as though the franchise will be sold to a group headed by former New York Ranger executive Dave Checketts, who has been in on-again, off-again negotiations to buy the team for months now.

Sources say the deal was supposed to be finalized over the weekend, but that did not happen. Whether it's just a minor delay or yet another snag that could cause problems remains to be seen, but the sense is that Checketts' group will be able to close the deal to purchase the franchise.
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

SunMo

wow, 2 Doug Weights?  they got one of dem cloning machines in St. Louis?
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

BigEd76

Boulerice and Sillinger are ex-Flyers

Father Demon

Quote from: BigEd76 on January 30, 2006, 02:09:34 PM
Boulerice and Sillinger are ex-Flyers

Sillinger is pretty much ex-every team in the NHL.

I think he's been on 11 different teams now...  NHL record...
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

ice grillin you

yeah i was gonna say sillinger is an ex everyone and boulerice played like one game with the flyers

carolina is sick...if they werent already the favorites in the east they are now
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

BigEd76

BTW, this trade is bad news for the Flyers unless you think Carolina is going to choke in the playoffs...

PoopyfaceMcGee

phattymatty

sillinger was their leading scorer?  ha.

Father Demon

Quote from: phattymatty on January 30, 2006, 02:37:21 PM
sillinger was their leading scorer?  ha.

Yeah, and now it gets worse.  After these trades:

Scott Young is now the leading scorer on the Blues...and Dean McAmmond leads them in goals scored with 14...

#2 on the list for goals scored: Mayers, with 10

These are sad, sad days for Blues fans....

BigEd76

..and since there's a draft lottery, you aren't guaranteed the #1 pick to select Evgnznsdhznszi Pazshzkolovskiczechski or that Canadian kid with long hair...

phattymatty

Quotejust came across WIP, that he and a NJ state trooper busted for running an illegal sports betting business

awesome.