The Rest of the NHL

Started by BigEd76, August 01, 2005, 02:28:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

[img=Red Wings' Fischer Collapses on Bench >http://Update:  Seems definitely heart related[/img]

QuoteThe team announced that Fischer had a seizure and was doing fine. Red Wings coach Mike Babcock later said Fischer's heart had stopped and was restarted at the arena.

"They hooked up the auto defibrillator and shocked him," Babcock said.

Geowhizzer

[img=Red Wings' Fischer Collapses on Bench >http://Update:  Seems definitely heart related[/img]

QuoteThe team announced that Fischer had a seizure and was doing fine. Red Wings coach Mike Babcock later said Fischer's heart had stopped and was restarted at the arena.

rjs246

Quote from: Geowhizzer on November 22, 2005, 05:40:05 AM

One in the stink? Gross.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Rome

Holy shtein.  The Bruins just traded Joe Thornton to the Sharks.

:o

QuoteBOSTON - The struggling     Boston Bruins traded captain Joe Thornton to the     San Jose Sharks on Wednesday night in exchange for three players.

The Bruins get forwards Marco Sturm and Wayne Primeau and defenseman Brad Stuart for Thornton, who signed a three-year, $20 million contract with Boston in August and was once thought to be the future of the franchise.

"He is a leader who scores points and makes other players around him better," San Jose general manager Doug Wilson said in a statement on the team's Web site. "To get a player of this caliber, you have to give up something to get something. You would make this trade last month, this month or next year. It follows our philosophy of making our team better for this year and next year."

The 6-foot-4, 225-pound Thornton had been the key to the Bruins' offense. He scored more than 20 goals in each of his last five NHL seasons, including two with 30 or more. In 2003-04, he led the team in scoring with 23 goals and 50 assists.

This season, the 26-year-old Thornton has nine goals and 24 assists for Boston, which has lost nine of its last 10 games and is in last place in the Northeast Division.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: MDS on November 30, 2005, 11:07:17 PM
is this is big trade?
What he said  :-D   Definitely suprising but i think Thorton is one of the most overrated players in the NHL
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Rome

Quote from: MDS on November 30, 2005, 11:07:17 PM
is this is big trade?

It would be like the Sixers trading Iverson, Barkley, Chamberlain, Dr. J and Marc Iavaroni all in one day.

:P

SD_Eagle5

Sort of a shocker considering Thornton is/was/has been the cornerstone of their franchise. This trade would be somewhat comparable to us of trading Lindros when he was still somewhat decent. (not as large but similar).

With all the new rule changes, a lot of teams are going away from big players in exchange for speed. Can't say I blame them.

Rome

33 points in 23 games thus far.

The Bruins panicked because of their horrendous start.

Just an awful move for them.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on November 30, 2005, 11:33:43 PM
33 points in 23 games thus far.

The Bruins panicked because of their horrendous start.

Just an awful move for them.

Yup, they're going to hate themselves for making this move. [Taking a cue from your earlier post] this sort of reminds me of the Barkley trade. Sending a superstar away for 3 average players. I know they wouldn't have sent him to the East, but it would have been nice if the Flyers could have landed hm.

Geowhizzer

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

BigEd76

That sucks.  I guess if they moved to the midwest, we'd end up with Washington in our division...

BigEd76

PoopyfaceMcGee

U.S. Olympic roster set

Esche, Hatcher, Knuble will be representing the Flyers.

Mainstays Roenick, LeClair, Leetch left off the team.  Roenick whines.  Film at 11.