The Rest of the NHL

Started by BigEd76, August 01, 2005, 02:28:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

PhillyGirl

Quote from: SD_Eagle on September 06, 2005, 06:52:44 PM
Scott Stevens retires  >:D

He's probably my all-time most hated player, but I have to give credit where it's due, he was a great hockey player who played the game the way it should be.

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

jeffreyjpa

Thanks for the advice, SD.

Had the Fantasy Hockey draft yesterday, and it was a lot more difficult than I thought...I've been a Flyers fan forever and know their team inside and out; but not much of a fan of the rest of the NHL, I'm finding out, as I was out of names I recognized by round 3 of an 18 round draft. Guess I'll be getting to know all of these guys with multi-consonant names over the next 27 weeks.

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PhillyGirl

and in other news, ESPN is totally WRONG on its reporting.

While doing a special on Messier, they talk about how the Rangers didn't win a Cup in 51 years before Messier helped them win one.

Dipshteins, it was 54 years.  ::)

Father Demon

I know you guys hate this guy, but I don't think I've ever watched a tough sunuvabitch that Scott Stevens on the ice.

Here is a vid of his Top 10 hits....

This is awesome to watch, and is helping feed my hockey need.....
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

MDS

Lindros skating with his head down again  :-D
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PoopyfaceMcGee

QuoteLess than two days before making his NHL debut, Penguins phenom Sidney Crosby was able to joke a little with the media.

Crosby has already donned the nicknames Sid The Kid and The Next One, but he revealed to reporters his true nickname Monday.

Darryl?

"Not too many guys know about it now, but when I was in junior, my first exhibition game I got eight points, and [Hall of Famer] Darryl Sittler got 10 in the NHL [in a game in 1976], so they just said 'Darryl' and it kind of stuck the last couple of years," Crosby told The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. "That's how nicknames come, in funny ways like that."

Apparently, teammates have noticed "Darryl" on the cuff of Crosby's gloves, a space where some players inscribe their nicknames.

The Gazette also reported that Crosby is settling in on a line with veterans Mark Recchi and John LeClair.

I hope that line sucks.

Rome

Quote from: FFatPatt on October 04, 2005, 11:44:19 AM
QuoteLess than two days before making his NHL debut, Penguins phenom Sidney Crosby was able to joke a little with the media.

Crosby has already donned the nicknames Sid The Kid and The Next One, but he revealed to reporters his true nickname Monday.

Darryl?

"Not too many guys know about it now, but when I was in junior, my first exhibition game I got eight points, and [Hall of Famer] Darryl Sittler got 10 in the NHL [in a game in 1976], so they just said 'Darryl' and it kind of stuck the last couple of years," Crosby told The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. "That's how nicknames come, in funny ways like that."

Apparently, teammates have noticed "Darryl" on the cuff of Crosby's gloves, a space where some players inscribe their nicknames.

The Gazette also reported that Crosby is settling in on a line with veterans Mark Recchi and John LeClair.

I hope that line sucks.

You gotta be kidding me with that line.

:-D

Geowhizzer

Crosby can skate laps around the rink while waiting for LeClair to lumber down the ice.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Geowhizzer on October 04, 2005, 01:25:30 PM
Crosby can skate laps around the rink while waiting for LeClair to lumber down the ice.

LeClair only plays in the other team's zone these days anyway.  He just parks in front of the net for scraps.

Rome

Quote from: FFatPatt on October 04, 2005, 02:18:46 PM
Quote from: Geowhizzer on October 04, 2005, 01:25:30 PM

LeClair only plays in the other team's zone these days anyway.  He just parks in front of the net for scraps.

Actually, considering there's no more harrassment of offensive players allowed in front of the net, LeClair might be somewhat effective now.  He damn sure couldn't be any worse.

ice grillin you

alexander ovechkin quote of the day...

"I feel my dreams come true,'' Alexander Ovechkin said. ``I play in the NHL. First game, we win''

previous winners...

"I play for team. If I score, I'm glad. If we win, I'm glad, too. We lose all games. We must win something. This game we win. We're happy."
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

People still don't care about hockey:

QuoteThe Outdoor Life Network has privacy to work out the kinks in its NHL coverage. OLN NHL coverage made its debut Tuesday and drew 0.4% of U.S. cable households — a lower rating than ESPN, which had the NHL since 1992, ever got for its opening nights. In Los Angeles and Seattle, the rating was a sublime 0.0. But excluding Tour de France shows, the NHL produced OLN's most-watched Wednesday night. ...
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

MURP