The Weather Thread

Started by ice grillin you, January 17, 2009, 12:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phattymatty

got some crazy loud flash flood alert on my phone at 400 am and have been up ever since. I would rather die asleep than get woken up in the middle of the night.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Diomedes on April 16, 2018, 09:54:57 AM
anyone know how to find how much rain we got overnight?  that was some storm.

bwi registered 1.59 inches

i have a pond behind my house and i swear it went up a foot overnite
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

was a hellacious amount of water in a short time
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

MDS

yea this was bad...took out a lane in some parts of 76. on ramp at point breeze ave was flooded. 2300 block of reed was too.

and it was 80 like 4 seconds ago
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Susquehanna Birder

I've been looking at the ridiculous rain that has been coming down in Kauai. The Hanalei Bay area received more than 28 inches of rain in 24 hours. And it's "more than" because nobody knows the total, since the rain gauges washed away.

ice grillin you

its been raining here almost continuously since tuesday evening

Quote@NationalWeatherService_BaltWash

750pm: Due to saturated ground, trees may topple tonight even with not much wind. Be prepared to encounter blocked roads and consider staying in the interior of your home.

Diomedes

I have spent a considerable amount of time pumping water with a manual bilge pump over the last four days, and I am very grateful to have had power to run the sump pumps.  This is a lot of water.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

Diomedes

ice grillin you

Munson

I was in Vegas the Wednesday and Thursday and the weather was pretty wild...super big gusts of wind
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

ice grillin you

Rome

Hurricane Lane is looking like a bullseye on the big island. 

Don'a On Oahu, but a jog to the west could mean some serious shtein. 

Susquehanna Birder

I have family on Kauai, and it doesn't look great for them. Amazing how that bitch turned and headed right for the islands.

ice grillin you

luckily it wont be a direct hit....plus when its at its closest to any island it should downgrade to a 2...still strong winds and tons of rain of course but its making a nice turn to the west....i suspect mud slides will be the biggest issue