Re: Random Gun Information Still Not Worthy of a New Thread

Started by Sgt PSN, May 24, 2011, 10:44:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

Banana peels as weapons are only appropriate when the bitch refuses to get an abortion. 

Geowhizzer

Quote from: MDS on February 23, 2018, 11:38:59 AM
you want a gun? great. your gun gets used in a crime? your fault whether you did it or not. unless you can prove it was locked and stored and stolen in a manner where you did everything right, its on YOU.

Wouldn't it be the government's job to prove you didn't?

MDS

we can argue about semantics or we can arrest every person with a gun and finally all feel safe
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Diomedes

Quote from: Rome on February 23, 2018, 11:15:33 AM
But Dio wants to make gun laws draconian.  That's fine.  He's cute that way. 

Dio wants to make the laws commensurate to the crimes and risk to public health

My ideas look draconian only because to date, punsihment has been comically lax.   

What is prison for, if not to remove from society people who are a threat to the public?  Leave your pistol out so your kid can get it and accidentally shoot someone...that's a grave threat and warrants real punishment.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

Prison is to keep black men away from my white daughter. 

PS - awesome DIO usage of the bold function.

Sgt PSN

Rome

General_Failure

3 Workers Killed, Gunman Dead In Standoff At Veterans Center In Yountville

QuoteYOUNTVILLE (CBS/AP) — Three workers for a program that treats veterans for post-traumatic stress disorder were found dead Friday along with the suspect who took them hostage at the largest veterans home in the U.S.

The four bodies were discovered nearly eight hours after the gunman slipped into an employee going-away party in a building where combat veterans of Iraq and Afghanistan receive treatment, said California Highway Patrol Assistant Chief Chris Childs.

The gunman who killed three people who work for a California program that treats veterans for post-traumatic stress disorder was kicked out of the program, a relative of one victim said Friday.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Sgt PSN

People with Dementia and PTSD should be able to arm themselves. Nurses too. They can shoot the criminal and then save his life so he can stand trial. Literally no flaws with this plan.

SD

This is from a woman who was pretty much my second mom growing up. Their entire family are lifetime NRA members.

QuoteThere have been things that haven't been adding up. It's pretty clear there was more than one shooter in Vegas. Yet, the media ignores it. In the Florida shooting, why did the FBI ignore warnings about Cruz. There's just a lot of unanswered questions and odd behavior.  The UN is pushing Agenda 21, which is a one world government. They will have to disarm us, so they can control us. The Bushes, Clintons and Obama have all been involved in this. Scary shtein.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

Gun nuts like to mock people who want to ban assault style weapons. It's rather farging annoying.  Since I know about gun here's my response:

Quote"AR" stands for Armalite Rifle which is the manufacture name that makes AR's. The AR 15 rifle is semi-automatic same as most modern handguns. Semi-automatic just means once you pull the trigger the gun automatically loads another bullet in the chamber so you can fire off another round while having to pull the trigger again. Neither weapon is rapid fire fully automatic. The term "assault rifle" is just that, a term. There's technically no definition of what constitutes an assault rifle but loosely they're defined as fully automatic rapid fire weapons. The speed of a bullet coming out of an AR is approximately double that of a standard handgun. Standard AR's have a magazine size of 30 rounds whereas a standard 9 mm handgun carries 15. AR 15's are rifles meaning they have a shoulder stock which limits recoil making them easier and more accurate to fire than a handgun. You can also customize an AR 15 by modifying the barrel, magazine size, adding a scope, and adding a bump stock. So while AR's aren't technically what people define as "assault rifles" they do mimic them in a lot of ways. I hope that helps to explain the main differences in the weapons and what is meant by the term "assault rifle". If I was going into battle I'd chose an AR 15 over a handgun because it's way more efficient. Personally I never plan on owning an AR 15 because I don't see the need. A handgun is practical for me to protect my home. If they were banned I don't feel it would infringe on my 2nd Amendment rights. AR style weapons were banned in 1994 but the ban expired in 2004 https://www.congress.gov/bill/103rd-congress/house-bill/3355/text

Amazing how fast they shut the farg up and back track. One guy tried pulling the "I was in the military" card which I threw right back in his stupid face.

PhillyPhreak54

Tomahawk