Anyone seen a good movie lately?

Started by henchmanUK, December 09, 2004, 11:44:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

My prequel knowledge is straight booty.  The only time I watched them "intensely" was the 1st time seeing any of them. After that, Im just not fully tuned in. And I don't watch them anywhere near as much as the originals.  I can't. I don't hate myself enough to do that.

SD

Quote from: Munson on May 06, 2017, 12:17:10 PM
Back to the Star Wars prequel triology...Dooku was supposedly Darth Tyranus and Sidious's apprentice. But in his scene with Obi Wan, he tells him Sidious is in control of the Senate and that he wished Qui-Gon Jinn was there to help him. Was he honestly conflicted about what was going on and what he was helping happen, or was it just his own thirst for power that basically drove him to betray Sidious there? I figure that's probably been addressed somewhere in the novelization or the Star Wars universe.

I always took it as he sort of regretted/conflicted how things were going "I wish Qui-Gon was here to help"...also to let Kenobi know he and Qui-Gon were once boys since Dooku was trying to recruit Kenobi. The ultimate plan of any Sith apprentice is to kill their master so he was attempting to lure Kenobi to the darkside (failing miserably) so they could overthrow Sidious. That was always my interpretation.

Rome

I really liked the GOTG sequel.  A pretty decent follow-up to the original. 

And the theater I saw it at was totally sold out.  Pretty surprising, actually.

SD

I have Verizon, and every month I get these points. I noticed I had a thousand. So I used 500 of them to rent Logan last night. Thought it was pretty meh. It was overly gory. Felt like half the movie was a horror slash flick. They never explain what happened to all the mutants. I hated what they did with Professor X's character. It's never explained what's going on with Logan's mutant regeneration. He can still heal from bullets but he now has a limp? How does that work exactly when your skeleton is made up of antamantium. How does he go from getting his ass kicked by regular dudes to going blow for blow with the super mutant. Didn't care for the whole kid angle. When I first saw the trailer I immediately thought "pass". Then I saw some positive reviews and was hopeful. Just glad it was free.

Tomahawk

Adamantium; you're not a very good nerd

SD

Really enjoyed Get Out. Different twist on a horror film. Was like a mix of Meet the Parents and Hostel with a racist angle.

The alternate ending is what you think happens when his TSA buddy shows up and the outcome that follows.

Sgt PSN

The mutants were pretty much all killed off by Xavier when he started having seizures. Logan, because of his healing abilities was basically the only one able to survive them and could give Charles his meds to get them under control.

If you remember in Apocalypse, when Nightcrawler, Jean/Phoenix, and Cyclops rescue Raven and other captured mutants from Striker's secret base, they release Wolverine from him cage. At the end of the movie, people from Essex Corp arrive at the base and retrieve Wolverine/Weapon X's blood samples and that is what's eventually used to create Laura/X-23.

I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't a stand alone X-23 movie in the future.

SD

Right on...that all makes sense.

smeags

guardians vol 2

went with my lil guy  - liked it. not as much as the first but it was still a good movie.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Zanshin

Quote from: SD on May 24, 2017, 05:30:57 PM
I have Verizon, and every month I get these points. I noticed I had a thousand. So I used 500 of them to rent Logan last night. Thought it was pretty meh. It was overly gory. Felt like half the movie was a horror slash flick. They never explain what happened to all the mutants. I hated what they did with Professor X's character. It's never explained what's going on with Logan's mutant regeneration. He can still heal from bullets but he now has a limp? How does that work exactly when your skeleton is made up of antamantium. How does he go from getting his ass kicked by regular dudes to going blow for blow with the super mutant. Didn't care for the whole kid angle. When I first saw the trailer I immediately thought "pass". Then I saw some positive reviews and was hopeful. Just glad it was free.

What happened to his regeneration? The adamantium in his system poisoned him and essentially gave him cancer. He got progressively worse and his healing ability lessened over the course of the movie. He was dying.

He goes from getting ass kicked...? He was drunk with those guys. Then he was juiced up on the serum that he knew would kill him to get the energy an strength he needed to fight the big bad.

They explained a lot, but it was subtle. it was much like a western in many ways. i liked it quite a bit, but it wasn't the typical genre movie, for sure.

phattymatty

watched Get Out recently. loved it. one of the better horror flicks i've seen in a while.

ice grillin you

i work at home on thursdays and fridays now so in the background ill often have stuff that you dont really have to pay attention to and are mostly shtein....today its suicide squad....holy crap even for a super hero movie this  is bad..but by far the worst and really uncomfortable part is margot robbies one liners....its so pathetic how they are trying to make her crazy and funny at the time time and dont even come in the same galaxy of either...its so farging embarrassingly awful

my god tho shes on a very short list of hottest movie women ever in this movie
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

I've watched it a couple times since it's been on HBO and I'll say that while I had fun watching it in the theater, it definitely has practically no rewatch value.

I gave it a mixed review after seeing it in theater...if you give a shtein about my movie takes.  I'm not gonna dig it up, but it was basically that it was a fun popcorn type movie with pretty bad writing.  I feel like you could watch it with no sound and still know exactly what's going on. 

ice grillin you

forget that i hate super hero movies....when theres a good one i can at least identify that it was ok or it wasnt for me but it was well done....but this is an absolute abomination....i dont know how the script got green lit its absolutely disgusting....on a 3rd grade level maybe....its one of the worst movies ive seen in quite a while

the fire super hero guy literally said "its on now bitch" to the villian
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

Anyone read the Dark Tower books by Stephen King? I only ask because they're releasing a movie in August. Was wondering if it's worth seeing.