2015 Fantasy Football - OMG your big league

Started by SunMo, August 30, 2015, 11:01:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunMo

had my draft at Igy's yesterday and went all in on the zero rb strategy.  I had the 7th pick out of 10

my roster looks like this

QB - Matt Ryan
RB - Frank Gore, Mark Ingram, CJ Spiller, Latavious Murray, Rashad Jennings, Dan Herron
WR - Antonio Brown, Demaryious Thomas, Jordan Mathews, Jon Brown
TE - Jason Witten

I would have preferred another tight end but i'll end up streaming them this year.  overall i'm happy with the results which means my team will be terrible.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

rjs246

You're going to be spending a lot of time rooting for Matt Ryan this year.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

PhillyPhreak54

Matt Ryan may die behind that OL this year.

How many Eagles did igy draft?

ice grillin you

demarco
kendricks
barwin
byron
r matt

suck it!!

and i would have j matt if that corksucker sunny didnt take him right before me
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

have a question for everyone

there was quite the heated debate yesterday regarding our leagues waiver rules....the way it works is reverse order of standings....a few people in the league hate that and want it to do what yahoo does and have it be ordered by who last picked up a FA

opinions?

PhillyPhreak54

Well I'll be damned! End of the world is coming soon!

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 30, 2015, 01:28:19 PM

there was quite the heated debate yesterday regarding our leagues waiver rules....the way it works is reverse order of standings....a few people in the league hate that and want it to do what yahoo does and have it be ordered by who last picked up a FA

opinions?

I like the Yahoo way better. Every league I'm in does it the other way but to me its unfair just because your team blows you have to miss out on other players.

ice grillin you

that was pretty much the point of view from the other side...that it rewards bad teams.....my argument is that for competitive balance purposes it does the league better to have as many good teams as possible

we also have a 50 dollar last place penalty so it means something to not finish last in our league

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 30, 2015, 01:28:19 PM

opinions?

I like the yahoo way because it gives everyone a legit shot to pick players up. Sure a team could suck because they got hit with injuries but most of the time they suck because of poor drafting. So having a waiver system based on record rewards a sorry drafting owner for being lousy.

The yahoo system also forces an owner to be sure about their claims. If you're holding the one spot do you really want to pick up that player and drop to 10th?

ice grillin you

we dont have a league with any real idiots in it so no one doesnt know how to draft

your second point is interesting and not something anyone brought up yesterday...that definitely adds some strategy to the mix

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah it's some game within the game in serious leagues. If you're trying to hoard RBs and pick up a guy and drop from 1st to last because you scooped up the flavor of the week who ripped off 140yds and you're rolling with one QB who gets hurt then you've got to pick up someone like Brian Hoyer or Jay Cutler to be your starter...just bc you wanted that 5th RB

ice grillin you

you cant hoard players in our league....we dont have huge rosters and we also have defensive players

SD

Quote from: SunMo on August 30, 2015, 11:01:40 AM
had my draft at Igy's yesterday and went all in on the zero rb strategy.  I had the 7th pick out of 10

my roster looks like this

QB - Matt Ryan
RB - Frank Gore, Mark Ingram, CJ Spiller, Latavious Murray, Rashad Jennings, Dan Herron
WR - Antonio Brown, Demaryious Thomas, Jordan Mathews, Jon Brown
TE - Jason Witten

I would have preferred another tight end but i'll end up streaming them this year.  overall i'm happy with the results which means my team will be terrible.

I agree with the no RBs strategy in theory especially in PPR leagues. Problem is late in the season when it comes to fantasy playoff time teams run the ball a lot more because of weather or whatever. I listen to the Sirius fantasy station and some guy broke down the stats how much more teams run the last few fantasy weeks than they do the rest of the season and the balance really shifts. Just something to keep in mind. I have two PPR drafts this upcoming weekend, I'll probably go BPA but I'll definitely hold higher value on WRs.

I'm in a 2 QB league, QBs get 6 pts per passing TD. It's .5 PPR. I had #1 overall pick, here's how I drafted:

Luck
Gronk
Forsett
D Hopkins
J Matthews
G Tate
D Martin
S Watkins
C Ivory
I Crowell
Allen Robinson
Alex Smith
Woodhead
Tre Mason
A Boldin
B Lafell
Panthers D
Blair Walsh Kicker

Strategy was to take Bridgewater later but someone took him early. So I waited on a few other QBs but one round they all went and when it snaked around there wasn't shtein left. I think Smith has a chance to be a top 20 QB this season. He had top 20 stats last season and it looks like he has good chemistry with Maclin already. Kelce is a top 5 TE and the kid Conly they drafted is a great athlete. He has a noodle arm but he's an accurate passer so I have my fingers crossed.

Munson

Had my first draft of the season last night. Also went "zero RB" more or less, but I'm not really happy with the depth I have there:

QB-Peyton Manning
RB-Latavius Murray (Keeper)
RB-Ameer Abdullah
WR-Dez Bryant
WR-A.J. Green
TE-Zach Ertz
W/R/T-T.Y. Hilton (keeper)

D/ST-Philadelphia
K-Mason Crosby

Bench-Phillip Rivers
Bench-Tre Mason
Bench-Ronnie Hillman
Bench-Josh Brown
Bench-Eddie Royal
Bench-Brandon Coleman
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Diomedes

I prefer the Yahoo default because it discourages overuse of the waiver wire, like picking up a player just to prevent others having him.  That's a valid tactic, of course, but there are dudes who do this every week.  Especially dudes with bad teams, who are depsperate to a.) find a diamond and b.) block another team out.  And you can still do it by Yahoo rules, but there's a cost: when your backup QB goes down to injury that week, just before your starter's BYE, and you're at the end of the waiver line because you prevented another team from adding a guy you've now got on your bench, well you're farged and it was you who farged you.

In your case, Havas the penalty (and the alleged awesomeness of everyone involved) should be more than enough to keep the competition level.  Giving waiver wire advantage to poor performing teams isn't necessary.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger