The Booze Thread

Started by Sgt PSN, November 10, 2006, 01:59:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: Sgt PSN on November 10, 2006, 03:18:16 PM
Quote from: mussa on November 10, 2006, 03:09:46 PM
Bloody Marys'. I am going to have to bring some bloodies to get started sunday at tailgate. Anyone else enjoy a good bloody?

There's about 20 different types of Bloody Marys out there.  The basic:

Bloody Mary:

1 Mary
1 Knife

Directions:  Stab Mary repeatedly with knife.  Viola.

Or.........

1 1/2 oz vodka
3 oz tomato juice
1 dash lemon juice
1/2 tsp worcestershire sauce
2 - 3 drops tabasco sauce
1 lime wedge

Shake all ingredients (except for the lime wedge) with ice and strain into a rocks glass or collins glass over ice cubes. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add the wedge of lime and serve.

Serve in:  Rocks glass (small) or Collins glass (large).  Double the recipe for a Collins glass.
Add Old bay to the rim fo the glass and in the drink. 
I put horseradish in mine also.  And beer. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

mussa

yea old bay is the shtein in bloodies. hotter the better
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

rjs246

I'll take beer please. Guinness for taste, Miller Lite for marathon drinking. No hangover from either.
Or Jack on the rocks.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

General_Failure

Rum. Straight rum. Maybe ice.

The man. The myth. The legend.

mussa

I'm fixing to make some car bombs tonight
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Diomedes

Dio's drink. 

Fill a 10 or twelve oz. glass jelly jar--I have four or five with "Bonne Maison" on them that I like a lot, don't know how much they hold but you get the idea--with ice.

fill half way with freezer-cold gin, half freshly opened and cold name brand tonic till it spills over.

poke the ice in to clear the rest over the edge

drink
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

MadMarchHare

Anyone but Reid.

Susquehanna Birder

Quote from: SD_Eagle on November 10, 2006, 03:21:51 PM
Guinness and Jameson go together like penis and vagina.

In my belly, for sure. Never in the same glass.

Feva

Rum & Coke or Long Island Iced Tea

Also love to sip on Crown or Grandma (Grand Marnier).

Other than that... gimme the beer.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

methdeez

Quote from: SD_Eagle on November 10, 2006, 02:12:15 PM
If you're already bartending than don't bother wasting your time with Bartending school, its a crock. I only did it because I had no prior experience (aside from a few months when I lived in SD), had the time to go, and figured it would be fun (which it was).
And if anyone's looking to get into bartending, unless you're: A) A chick with a nice rack B) Have a good 'in' in the industry C) Have prior experience with good references you can pretty much forget getting hired anywhere halfway decent.
Dude, if you are giving up on Bartending as a profession b/c it's too hard to break into you are setting your bar reeeeeal low.

Seabiscuit36

Johnnie Walker red is my weekday drink.  Miller lite as my most regular beer. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Yeti

Quote from: mussa on November 10, 2006, 06:32:34 PM
I'm fixing to make some car bombs tonight

10 to 1 this post ended up on the homeland security flagged list.
"It's only a matter of time before we get to the future."

Hbionic

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: methdeez on November 10, 2006, 09:12:17 PM
Quote from: SD_Eagle on November 10, 2006, 02:12:15 PM
If you're already bartending than don't bother wasting your time with Bartending school, its a crock. I only did it because I had no prior experience (aside from a few months when I lived in SD), had the time to go, and figured it would be fun (which it was).
And if anyone's looking to get into bartending, unless you're: A) A chick with a nice rack B) Have a good 'in' in the industry C) Have prior experience with good references you can pretty much forget getting hired anywhere halfway decent.
Dude, if you are giving up on Bartending as a profession b/c it's too hard to break into you are setting your bar reeeeeal low.

I have an in and could get a job easily if I wanted too. It would only be a part time thing for me, not a profession - that's why I'm in College.  Thanks for your concern.

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Drunkmasterflex

I love to drink and will drink just about anything, other than fruity shtein (accept for Blackberry Brandy chilled).  Favorites include:

7 and 7- Seagrams Seven and Seven up

Irish Car Bombs

White Russians

Johnny Black on the rocks

Captain and Coke

Favorite Beers- just about anything other than light beer, but Yeungling and New Castle top the list. (Man I can't wait for X-mas leave to get some Ying.)

Currently I am drinking SoCo and Coke with some lime juice

Saphire and Tonic

Jameson on the rocks

Liquid Cocaines and Heroins

Makers on the rocks

Kettle and Tonic

Thats enough for now, I probably could go on forever really.

Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell