Science 'n Shtein

Started by hbionic, August 23, 2011, 02:37:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hbionic

Last night around 5:30pm PST I saw what I thought was a ufo. It's was traveling at what seemed like a 15 degree angle, in a straight line and was white in color, had a small tail or streak and then it was pulsating every second or so. I did see three other white lights around it and then disappeared.

Of course, there was no mention of it anywhere around here....but it was traveling from north east to south west I would say what looked like over orange county from the proximity I was in but it could have been much farther. Based on the russian videos of the meteor, it looks like most likely it was a meteorite of some kind that must have burned up somewhere in the skies without incident.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Sgt PSN

Quote from: hbionic on February 15, 2013, 01:40:33 PM
It's was traveling at what seemed like a 15 degree angle, in a straight line and was white in color, had a small tail or streak

That wasn't a UFO, dummy. That was a money shot.

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: hbionic on February 15, 2013, 01:40:33 PM
Last night around 5:30pm PST I saw what I thought was a ufo. It's was traveling at what seemed like a 15 degree angle, in a straight line and was white in color, had a small tail or streak and then it was pulsating every second or so. I did see three other white lights around it and then disappeared.

Of course, there was no mention of it anywhere around here....but it was traveling from north east to south west I would say what looked like over orange county from the proximity I was in but it could have been much farther. Based on the russian videos of the meteor, it looks like most likely it was a meteorite of some kind that must have burned up somewhere in the skies without incident.
Sounds like the beginning of "Battle: Los Angeles"
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

hbionic

http://news.yahoo.com/subatomic-calculations-indicate-finite-lifespan-universe-225300183.html

So, I guess its the end of the Universe?

By the way, the comments following the article are pretty damn funny.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Eagaholic

Fecal transplantation is becoming the hot new thing in gastrointestinal medicine. It is being used to treat a number of conditions relating to changing the balance bad bacteria to good. The research is now having success with new artificial feces they are developing so in the future you may not even need a donor.

Just thought I'd post about in this thread since from what I've seen it's the only thing that is completely on topic. Then, talk about an asteroid would be about a new cortisone butt cream. 

General_Failure

Long-lost continent found under the Indian Ocean

QuoteThose crustal anomalies may be the remains of a landmass that the team has dubbed Mauritia, which they suggest split from Madagascar when tectonic rifting and sea-floor spreading sent the Indian subcontinent surging northeast millions of years ago. Subsequent stretching and thinning of the region's crust sank the fragments of Mauritia, which together had comprised an island or archipelago about three times the size of Crete, the researchers estimate.

Eagaholic

QuoteCOMET PAN-STARRS UPDATE: Yesterday, March 10th, Comet Pan-STARRS (C/2011 L4) made its closest approach to the sun. Inside the orbit of Mercury, the comet was hit by solar rays ten times more intense than we experience on Earth. This sets the stage for a good show as Pan-STARRS, glowing brightly, moves into the night sky later this week.

Visibility will improve in the nights ahead as the comet moves away from the sun. Dates of special interest include March 12th and 13th when Pan-STARRS passes not far from the crescent Moon. The tight conjunction on the 12th provides a splendid opportunity for sunset photographers. Look low and west for a beautiful view.

dragons?

Munson

I think it's just a sign of the wolf pup's battlefield success
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Diomedes

No no no, it's a signal from the R'hllor. 
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

General_Failure

General_Failure

Eagaholic

Very interesting study in New England Journal of Medicine in which researchers can map a pain signature in the brain with MRI. When people are exposed to pain from heat, it lights up a signature pattern.

Maybe this could open the door to great possibilities down the road. Small children, semi-conscious patients, maybe even animals. You know there's really something wrong but can't help. To be able to tell what kind and how much pain, maybe where it is coming from for those who can't communicate would be a tremendous thing. Your wife keeps saying she doesn't want to farg because she has a headache. Throw her ass in an mri. Your kid doesn't want to go to school or employee calls out sick, maybe in a couple decades they'll have an app for your cell you can just zap them with and call bullshtein.

http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa1204471 (boring technical stuff)

Sgt PSN

Quotemaybe in a couple decades they'll have an app for your cell you can just zap them with and call bullshtein.

Haha, that'd be farging legit. 

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.