Training Camp 8/9/05

Started by mussa, August 08, 2005, 01:04:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mussa

Is anyone here going?  Im thinking about making the trip, which would be my first.  Any tips would be helpful. 
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Diomedes

Budget for six hours of :CF time after you get back, posting your observations and photos, and feilding questions like:

How did Calvin Armstrong look?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

mussa

im preparing to document everything...and fill up my 1gb memoy card with pics...so how early is a good time to get there and to get a good spot?
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

General_Failure

You should have left already. Now you're gonna be late.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Wingspan

Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

mussa

PhillyPhreak54

They start letting people in around 630-700 so try to be there around 7-730. I got there at 710 today and I was good.

You used to be able to fin dout which fields they'd be on by looking at the blue cranes they film from, but they switch them around this year. They have a board up when you walk through the merchandise tent that is supposed to say what field they will be on.

What I do is ask a few people. First I'll ask the guys in yellow shirts and today I asked the guy setting up the cameras on the cranes what field the team drills will be on.

They were on 1 & 3 today, so my guess is tomorrow they'll be on 2 & 3 because 2 wasn't used at all today and 3 was only used briefly.

Water and food and stuff is expensive. I bring a water jug with me so I don't have to pay $3 for a 20oz bottle of water.

Once you determine which field the team drills will be on, get a seat at the top of the bleachers for the best view.

mussa

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on August 08, 2005, 03:33:35 PM
They start letting people in around 630-700 so try to be there around 7-730. I got there at 710 today and I was good.

You used to be able to fin dout which fields they'd be on by looking at the blue cranes they film from, but they switch them around this year. They have a board up when you walk through the merchandise tent that is supposed to say what field they will be on.

What I do is ask a few people. First I'll ask the guys in yellow shirts and today I asked the guy setting up the cameras on the cranes what field the team drills will be on.

They were on 1 & 3 today, so my guess is tomorrow they'll be on 2 & 3 because 2 wasn't used at all today and 3 was only used briefly.

Water and food and stuff is expensive. I bring a water jug with me so I don't have to pay $3 for a 20oz bottle of water.

Once you determine which field the team drills will be on, get a seat at the top of the bleachers for the best view.

sweet, thanks Phreak!  :yay

T_Section224

definately sit as high as you can.  once the crowd is there people in the first few rows have to stand up to see.
Proud Sponsor of Mike Bartrum