Anyone had a good meal at a restaurant lately?

Started by Rome, March 08, 2006, 02:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reese125

you dont have a 2 week waiting list for this many years if your food is not good.

and Buddakhan was never a place "to be seen"..maybe in new york..but not in philly. pat burrell has been seen at the irish rover too..doesnt mean call Zagat asap.

ice grillin you

im not saying its not good its just nothing special and there might be upwards of a 100 restaurants in the delaware valley better than buddakhan....its a great place for people who dont know what great food is...if that makes sense
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

smeags

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

General_Failure

I'm constantly amazed at the kinds of stupid shtein IGY is willing to argue about.

The man. The myth. The legend.

smeags

igy should write a biography so we all know how to live the perfect life.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

Quote from: General_Failure on October 12, 2010, 12:39:50 PM
I'm constantly amazed at the kinds of stupid shtein IGY is willing to argue about.

His response prompted my "I eat with a fork" disclaimer. I knew the rest of this was coming.

smeags

Quote from: SD on October 12, 2010, 01:16:07 PM
Quote from: General_Failure on October 12, 2010, 12:39:50 PM

His response prompted my "I eat with a fork" disclaimer. I knew the rest of this was coming.

so how was your experience at the great place for people who dont know what great food is ?

SD

I'll give an honest review when I'm finished. I'm eating there for free so I have nothing invested except valet parking and maybe a tip if I run my bill over $150 (it's me and my girl but I like to indulge)

smeags

Quote from: SD on October 12, 2010, 01:30:09 PM
I'll give an honest review when I'm finished. I'm eating there for free so I have nothing invested except valet parking and maybe a tip if I run my bill over $150 (it's me and my girl but I like to indulge)

my bad, thought your original post on it was from last friday.

Rome

Buddakhan is the Citizen Kane of Philly restaurants.

Seabiscuit36

Mom was in Houston for a wedding this weekend, brought home some Papasitos chips and salsa.  Forgot how good the salsa was with the chipotle
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PoopyfaceMcGee

Just don't take your new truck to the Houston area.

PhillyPhreak54

lol

I wish I had some Pappasito's and some rims right about now.

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 12, 2010, 12:26:38 PM
im not saying its not good its just nothing special and there might be upwards of a 100 restaurants in the delaware valley better than buddakhan....its a great place for people who dont know what great food is...if that makes sense

It's pretty amazing but I completely understand what you're talking about. It's a bunch of high society types who are more into the scene than they are the food.

My Buddakan review:
Drinks: Guilt - Champagne, Grand Marnier, Blood Orange Juice
Wasn't bad, I drank beer and snuck sips from my girls because everyone kept saying they have good mixed drinks. I didn't think it was anything special.

Apps:
Crispy Shrimp And Scallop Spring Rolls plum sauce, spicy mustard -- Was good to very good, but nothing special
King Crab Tempura with ponzu sauce -- biggest disappointment of the night. The sauce tasted like Italian dressing with too much vinegar. You could hardly taste the crab because the tempura drowned the flavor. Tempura failed to enhance the flavor, which is it's sole purpose.

Entrees:
Glazed Alaskan Black Cod with Chilli Eggplant and Black Bean Relish -- Cod was the best thing we ate all night. It was phenominal.

Filet Mignon - Meh. I've had better filet at Longhorns. They gave you Tako Chips which are basically thin tortillas with a bland sauce. The sauce for the filet was very average.

Sides: Wasabi Mashed Potatoes -- Very good mashed potatoes with a flavor kick. Different but good.

The restaurant is cool but it's loud as hell. From the pictures it looked quiet and serene. Overall it wouldn't crack my top 50 restaurants I've ever eaten at.