Anyone had a good meal at a restaurant lately?

Started by Rome, March 08, 2006, 02:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Tomahawk

Ate lunch at a place called the Tilted Kilt. Food was alright I guess

shorebird

Quote from: FastFreddie on September 28, 2010, 10:03:41 AM
Anything that is all-you-can-eat is MA, no matter where you eat it or what it is.

Is the General's Kitchen still on the boardwalk at O.C.? Great smorgasbord there. Theres a restaurant on the shore in Federalsburg that has a killer seafood buffet. I likes the Phillips Crab House's buffet also. And then theres the Old Country Buffet....

Damn, guess I am middle American.

SD

Anyone eaten at Buddakan? I'm going Saturday night, had to book 2 weeks in advance and I still didn't get the time slot I wanted.

I eat with a fork

reese125

you'll come out of there impressed. nothing bad on the menu as its been one of the top spots for years.

dont sleep on the "angry lobster".

phattymatty

yeah i've been there a bunch...and it's true there's nothing bad on the menu but i don't think it lives up to the hype as one of the best places in philly.  it's a cool atmosphere though and really good drinks. 

SD

Quote from: phattymatty on October 12, 2010, 09:52:00 AM
yeah i've been there a bunch...and it's true there's nothing bad on the menu but i don't think it lives up to the hype as one of the best places in philly.  it's a cool atmosphere though and really good drinks. 

I'm a beer guy and this may sound pretentious but I like Sapporo with my Asian food, what do you recommend as far as mixed drinks go because a few other people have told me the same thing. Menu link

Zanshin

Sam Adams is great with Asian food for no particular reason. Sapporo is a little too light for me.

phattymatty

yeah i don't do the super fruity cocktails either but i remember the drinks being pretty stiff.  and if you're going with ladies i know we usually get a pitcher or two if their sangria, it's pretty good and not crazy sweet.

ice grillin you

buddakan was never known as a top restaurant...it was a place to be seen

and to see pat burrell bawling women in the bathrooms
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 12, 2010, 11:50:56 AM
buddakan was never known as a top restaurant...it was a place to be seen

So you've never eaten there and have no idea

ice grillin you

i have eaten there....and it was never even a top ten restaurant in the city

i

smeags

QuoteBuddakan - Stephen Starr's Buddakan is a spectacular restaurant featuring exotic flavors of modern Asian cuisine with creativity and drama. Named one of "America's Top 50 Restaurants" by Travel & Leisure and 'Top Restaurant for Fun' by Gourmet, Buddakan has become one of the country's most talked about restaurants. Also voted Philly's most popular restaurant by Zagat Survey 2010.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

ice grillin you

lol @ travel and leisure

zahav
vetri
pub and kitchen
amada
pumpkin
little fish
gayle
fork
el vez
oyster house
marigold

just off the top of the dome without even thinking those all destroy buddakhan....buddakhan is for suburbanites to say they went somewhere neat in philly...its not a place to eat a great meal...in fact and i could be wrong on this i dont believe buddak even cracked philly mags top 50 restaurants