The 'Mass-Shooting In The US' thread

Started by Father Demon, February 14, 2008, 05:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

PoopyfaceMcGee

What's not to love about an "ex" skins fan that is only rivaled by Cerevant in his unbridled love for Obama?

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

rjs246

Sure he is. Boo hoo, guns killed all of those people. Evil deranged guns decided to turn themselves on the populace and it's all because we let those guns exist. We'd never find ways to kill people en masse without those evil guns.

Let them eat bootstraps.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Making guns impossible for law-abiding citizens to get means that only three types of entities would have firepower:

Police (Feds on down)
Military
Criminals

I'm all for reasonable controls, but those that think you can take guns out of circulation to prevent crime are laughable.

Diomedes

Quote from: rjs246 on July 24, 2008, 09:08:38 AMWe'd never find ways to kill people en masse without those evil guns.

you're rhetoric is well taken up until this point, where you can't be serious

please to explain to me how a couple high school kids are gonna kill a dozen and injure two dozen more, or how one college kid could kill 30+, without the guns? 

a suicide bomb?  We get so many of those here...maybe the easy access to guns is preventing a rash of suicide bombings in the U.S.?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

rjs246

I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything. I'm simply saying that you will never convince me that guns are the problem. People are the problem. And if they want to go on a murdering spree and kill 30, 40 or 50 people all they have to do is hop in their car and run down some pedestrians. Preferrably in Boston. Are we going to outlaw cars too?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Rome

Zanshin

I hate getting involved in these conversations...but it still beats work.

If guns were illegal, it wouldn't mean that guns didn't exist.  There will always be ways to get guns, if you want guns.  

Other than that, it's ridiculously easy to make bombs.  And beyond that, blades would work for someone who knew how to use them.  

ice grillin you

Quote from: FastFreddie on July 24, 2008, 09:13:56 AM
Making guns impossible for law-abiding citizens to get means that only three types of entities would have firepower:

Police (Feds on down)
Military
Criminals

I'm all for reasonable controls, but those that think you can take guns out of circulation to prevent crime are laughable.

im not even talking about banning guns or gun control for that matter...this country is so farged up in that area and the nra is so powerful that i dont even pretend that theres any chance of real gun control ever happening...its not even an important issue for me

but the fact is more guns = more people get killed by guns
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Zanshin

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 24, 2008, 09:21:16 AM
Quote from: FastFreddie on July 24, 2008, 09:13:56 AM

Police (Feds on down)
Military
Criminals

im not even talking about banning guns or gun control for that matter...this country is so farged up in that area and the nra is so powerful that i dont even pretend that theres any chance of real gun control ever happening...its not even an important issue for me

but the fact is more guns = more people get killed by guns

Sarcasm aside, I wonder if less guns would equate to fewer killings.  Obviously, less guns should mean less shooting deaths...but it wouldn't necessarily mean fewer killings.  Would be an interesting study.

Diomedes

yeah, there are so many mass murders via stabbings and bombs and cars in those countries which have banned guns...

it's a round robin argument with no end, I admit, and one I really don't care too much about having because in this country, it's already settled.  we are married to guns, divorce is not possible.  And it's an ugly marriage, but oh well, we're too busy thinking about the kids. 

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

rjs246

So can we all just agree to ban ATV and be done with it?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Diomedes

You know, on the "ban guns" tip...if the only people who are allowed to have them are law enforcement and military, that would make it pretty easy to round 'em up....anyone with a gun is a criminal.  in a few decades, there would be almost no guns on the street.

rjs246

Why would you want to make otherwise law-abiding citizens into criminals? Sounds exactly like the marijuana argument to me...

Let them eat bootstraps.