Phillies 2017 Thread

Started by MDS, April 02, 2017, 08:00:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

Quote from: MDS on July 01, 2017, 07:33:20 PM
Quote from: Geowhizzer on July 01, 2017, 12:31:41 PM
Kevin Brown could pitch, though.  Let's see Joe Cowley, Ken Howell and Omar Daal do that!

omar daal was actually acquired in the curt schilling trade!

just for a refresher, that trade was: nelson figueroa, daal, travis lee and liquor sweat vicente padilla for a borderline hall of fame pitcher at age 34. yikes.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: MDS on July 01, 2017, 07:33:20 PM
Quote from: Geowhizzer on July 01, 2017, 12:31:41 PM
Kevin Brown could pitch, though.  Let's see Joe Cowley, Ken Howell and Omar Daal do that!

omar daal was actually acquired in the curt schilling trade!

just for a refresher, that trade was: nelson figueroa, daal, travis lee and liquor sweat vicente padilla for a borderline hall of fame pitcher at age 34. yikes.

It's so humid here right now I feel like I have the Crazy Vicente liquor sweats

PhillyPhreak54

July 2nd 1993 at 440am

Mitch Williams walks off the Pads

PhillyPhreak54

http://m.mlb.com/video/topic/6479266/v9873701/mitch-williams-walkoff-hit-remembered

I'm reading the Macho Row book (good read) and just read this chapter yesterday.

Don Ho

That was a great clip.  Damn, haven't thought about those guys in years, Pete Incaviglia, Hollins, Eisenreich.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

QB Eagles

The whole pitching staff finally has as many wins as Steve Carlton had in 1972.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Don Ho on July 02, 2017, 06:53:39 PM
That was a great clip.  Damn, haven't thought about those guys in years, Pete Incaviglia, Hollins, Eisenreich.

But that book macho row on amazon

You won't regret it. A great flashback

MDS

lol wait until you get to the chapter about moneyball

the book is ok...not a ton of fresh stuff but he scoured every last ounce of information. a few minor inaccuracies here and there. did not need to rehash play by play of the nlcs and world series. we know what happened. we can watch the games on youtube. tell me something i dont know.

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

I read it today and thought of you

And let's be clear...I don't hate walks and high OBP. I hate the continued new stats made up. farg yo UZR and xFIP shtein

MDS

i hate things i dont understand too
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

Nola's been looking good since coming back from the injury.  Hope he can build on that.

MDS

jp before his injury on jun 9: 194/313/252
jp on jul 3: 212/326/305

that doesnt count today. hes hit 2 homers.

ice grillin you

haha....you cant make this shtein up
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

I've watched baseball a long time and I've never seen that before. 

Amazing. 

MDS

hoskins ops by month: 1.063-1.040-.928-.522. still should be up for joseph

cuzzo has 304 at bats and 108 strikeouts. 19 homers though!

alfaro: 689 ops. 86 k. 15 bb. 6 hr. he stinks.

jp: last 3 games - 3/11. 2 homers. 2 walks. 2 strikeouts. obp at 328. there might be some hope here. hes still just 22.

kingery: 311/313/935. 4 hr. 3 sb. this is great. but here's your issue: 13 k, 1 bb in 45 ab. this needs to be much better.

therrien: last 8.1 innings: 0 runs, 8 hits, 8 k. overall: 17.2 innings, 16 k, 1.02 whip. hes not far away