Zach Brown, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by PhillyPhreak54, May 03, 2019, 09:08:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

One year deal

Ehhh....better than some UDFA, I suppose.

phattymatty

PhillyPhreak54

MDS

anytime you can sign a guy on may 3 for a 1 year deal, hes probably really good
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: MDS on May 03, 2019, 12:14:51 PM
anytime you can sign a guy on may 3 for a 1 year deal, hes probably really good

Maybe he'll be as good as Paul Worrilow.

ice grillin you

another bad sign?...he got cut by washington.....probably a coin flip as to whether he even makes the team

dook went to HS like ten minutes from me

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

they dont play OLBs enough to really care how good or bad any of them are, but if bradham isnt on the field for 90% of the snaps oh boy are they in trouble
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

Every article I've seen today loves this signing.

QuoteOn Friday, Roseman signed former Washington taterskins linebacker Zach Brown. The former taterskin was rated as the No. 3 linebacker last season, according to Pro Football Focus on Twitter. Also, he has shown the last three seasons that he is one of the most consistent linebackers in the NFL.

QuoteBrown will plug into a starting role next to Nigel Bradham, as the Eagles love to use two linebackers all season. The combination of Brown and Bradham is a good one, too.

Jordan Hicks left the Eagles in free agency to join the Arizona Cardinals and many people were worried it would be hard to replace Hicks. Well, they do not know Roseman, who has shown on countless occasions he is the best at what he does. Roseman replaced Hicks, with someone even better, and for less money.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

SD

To me these are the type of moves that make Howie an exceptional gm. He signs guys late like Blount, Long, Jernigan, Curry to cheap deals...they play on 1 year prove it contracts. They work out great they don't there's the door. LB isn't an important position in the Eagles d scheme but I think Brown will fit in nicely.

Rome

Utter steal.  Racists doing stupid shtein as usual.

QB Eagles

Quote from: Rome on May 04, 2019, 08:22:20 AM
Utter steal.  Racists doing stupid shtein as usual.

Wasn't stupid to cut him, it was costing them $5.75M in cap room to keep him as their backup.

It's the classic case of a guy who was cut for fit rather than for no longer being an NFL caliber player. Howie looks for those.

SD

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

McLane said it was him or Jamie Collins when deciding to sign a vet LB.

They chose poorly.

Also LJ Fort would've still been nice to have around

Diomedes

I had to install a rain barrel on Sunday, so I couldn't find a stream of the Eagles game.  Instead, I listened to the Ravens game on the radio.  LJ Fort's name was uttered several times for making plays.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger