Roadie Question

Started by Father Demon, August 07, 2009, 10:57:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Father Demon

I'm going to the Eagles/Colts preseason game in a couple weeks, since I'll be in Indy on business anyway.

My question is, does going to this game satisfy my "See the Eagles in every stadium and/or city" dream or not?  I'm on the fence.

Pros: I'm in Lucas Oil Stadium, and wearing my Eagles Green. I get to watch the starters vs. starters for probably a half a game. Tickets are extraordinarily cheap.

Cons: It's almost like practice. I don't really care if the Eagles win or lose this game.

The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

rjs246

It's an excuse to get really drunk and not give a shtein about the outcome of the sporting event you're getting really drunk for. That's a rare opportunity and you should include that in your Pros.

As for your actual question, I'd say no, it doesn't count. Preseason NFL games are the handjob of sporting events.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Rome

I look forward to going to Clearwater to watch the Phillies in spring training about as much as I do when I see them during the regular season.

But Mr. Happy is right about NFL preseason games being garbage especially if it's game 4 or 5.  The fact that they charge full price for a game in which none of the starters play is a disgrace.  At least the home team usually plays its starters during baseball spring training games.

Sgt PSN

you could go to an auto auction in *insert stadium name here* and it would carry more weight than going there to watch a pre-season game. 

Father Demon

I went. Beautiful stadium - best I've seen.

$7.50 beers. I spent $45.
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.