Rest of Baseball - For ALL TIME!

Started by Geowhizzer, March 30, 2018, 05:43:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

its not a perfect system the caveat is to win your division to avoid such a conundrum

my preference would be: add 2 teams to go 32, split up the teams by east/west, do 4 divisions of 8. division winners are IN. 2/3 place in each division do a best of 3 over 3 straight days (possible due to close proximity). then you start the best of 7s.

who says no?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

I'm fine with the wc  cause I don't look at the wild card as the playoffs...and this year showed how true that is...there really was zero difference btwn the tie breakers and the wild card

theres never been a wild card game to me it's just a one game extension of the regular season ...playoffs start tonight
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

doyer could barely half fill el los estadio de los doyer for the tiebreaker game and its maybe 75% tonight
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Red Sox punting this game...if stros can't win tonight then they never had a chance 

MDS

QB Eagles

Boston vs LA

I'm not watching a second of this Series.

ice grillin you

ill watch close to all of it but yeah its sickening

maybe the only time ever ill be on the side of a boston team

PhillyPhreak54

Can we just go with 9 position players and 16 pitchers? Gotta give these managers MORE pitchers to change out.

MDS

theyll never do it but the fix is to put a pitching changes per inning limit.

you get 1 mid inning pitching change per inning unless the pitcher throws like 25 pitches or something. taking him out for "injury" makes him inactive for the next 3 days.

who says no

PhillyPhreak54

I'm surprised you're against all these changes since you're balls deep into the analytics world.

On another note...the Sox and their two out hits and RBIs this post season are something else.

MDS

there is no human being who likes making 100 pitching moves....its a simple exploitation of the rules that everyone does to try and win

if you legislate it out of the game nobody going be sad or anything

smeags

dodger hate > red sox hate

so I guess, yea !
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

QB Eagles

Clearly LA winning their first WS in 30 years is completely unacceptable so we have to prefer something that would normally be loathsome.

MDS

its 2 awful sports cities but the tiebreaker is manny needs to win his 1st back home

Geowhizzer

I've checked out.  Haven't made it past the 6th inning in any of these later starting games.  Getting too old to stay up past midnight and get up at 5am repeatedly.  If the Phils were in it, I'd tough it out.  But Boston-LA?  Beauty rest is too important.