do you think the eagles will win the super bowl this season?

Started by hunt, October 24, 2005, 08:35:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

do you honestly think they'll win it all this season?

yes...definitely
2 (7.1%)
i think they have a good shot
2 (7.1%)
maybe...but i'd be surprised
12 (42.9%)
probably not...it doesn't seem to be their year
7 (25%)
no friggin way
5 (17.9%)

Total Members Voted: 26

hunt

lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

rjs246

I would be shocked. But I'm not ready to say no friggin way yet.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

mussa

i said maybe, but i'd be surprised.  all because of McNabb's injury really.  The defense hasn't showed any sort of consistency, but if they play like they did yesterday, then I think we have a chance with an offense running on a half-tank.  same goes for our o-line, yesterday they were dominating, but against Dallas they were like Swiss cheese.  if McNabb was healthy, and the defense came out angry ever week, this team could win the super bowl.
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

henchmanUK

Quote from: mussa on October 24, 2005, 10:27:08 AM
i said maybe, but i'd be surprised.  all because of McNabb's injury really.  The defense hasn't showed any sort of consistency, but if they play like they did yesterday, then I think we have a chance with an offense running on a half-tank.  same goes for our o-line, yesterday they were dominating, but against Dallas they were like Swiss cheese.  if McNabb was healthy, and the defense came out angry ever week, this team could win the super bowl.

I agree with this, to a degree, but I don't see McNabb's injury clearing up before the end of the season and he clearly can't run, which means the offense is nowhere near as effective. That's why I went for probably not.
"The drunkenness, the violence, the nihilism: the Eagles should really be an English football team, not an American one." - Financial Times, London

Sgt PSN

If McNabb gets that 2 week surgery, then they've definately got as good a shot as anyone.  Without it, my magic 8 ball is telling me outlook not so good. 

Geowhizzer

I said maybe, but surprised.  They just haven't been consistent offensively or defensively.  Until the team shows some of that, I can't call them either a lock or a favorite.

PhillyPhanInDC

I voted maybe, but would be suprised.

I don't have a warm and fuzzy about the rest of the season. I'll be mad as shtein though if someone from the NFC East gets there though, but can't imagine who. I think if Simms does okay, the Bucs look like the best bet at this point, but this can all change quickly if the Eagles offense stops stepping on it's crank.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

WEST is GOD

I'm the only one who voted definitely?

You all should be ashamed!
THIS SEASON IS OVER AND ANDY'S WORLD IS GRIDL

Offseason needs: 2 DEs, 1 DT, 1 OL, 2 LBs, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 KR.

Tomahawk

Quote from: TO is GOD on October 26, 2005, 12:36:18 AM
I'm the only one who voted definitely?

Since you asked, no. Everybody else on the board voted definitely as well.

Dawkinz#20

Of course! What kind of fan would i be if i said anything but definetly? Not a very supportive one! The Eagles are the greatest team out there! they may be struggling right now but they'll pull themselves together and dominate the rest of the season. im sure of it! GO EAGLES!!

mussa

great first post.  just what we need...an optimist.  what kind of eagles fan are u?..being all positive and such.  BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

we really need a BOOOOOO smiley...with a smiley yelling, the words BOOOOOOO coming out and then at the end he throws a cup.  that would be GREAT :yay :yay :yay :yay :yay
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Sgt PSN

Quote from: mussa on October 27, 2005, 08:58:24 PM
great first post. just what we need...an optimist. what kind of eagles fan are u?..being all positive and such. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

we really need a BOOOOOO smiley...with a smiley yelling, the words BOOOOOOO coming out and then at the end he throws a cup snowball. that would be GREAT :yay :yay :yay :yay :yay

Fixed!

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Sgt PSN on October 27, 2005, 08:59:53 PM
Quote from: mussa on October 27, 2005, 08:58:24 PM
great first post. just what we need...an optimist. what kind of eagles fan are u?..being all positive and such. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

we really need a BOOOOOO smiley...with a smiley yelling, the words BOOOOOOO coming out and then at the end he throws a cup snowball iceball. that would be GREAT :yay :yay :yay :yay :yay

Fixed!

Fixed!  :D