Best Merrill Reese call?

Started by SD_Eagle5, September 04, 2005, 11:57:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Well?

"The Eagles win...The Eagles win..The Eagles win" after the int return in Dallas in 1996
1 (5.3%)
"Herman Edwards picks up the ball...I dont believe it" Miracle at the Medowlands
0 (0%)
"The Eagles stop him again" 4th and 1
4 (21.1%)
"And for the first time in 24 years...the Eagles are finally going to the Superbowl"
6 (31.6%)
"Briaaaaaan Westbrook......and this place ...is in a state of shock!" Westbrook's Punt return to beat the Giants in 2003
5 (26.3%)
Merill's call on Wilbert Motgomery's TD run in the 1980 NFC Championship game
1 (5.3%)
"Hold your breath Eagles fans" 4th and 26
1 (5.3%)
"Its Goooooooood" Akers game winning kick to beat the Packers in the playoffs
0 (0%)
Other
1 (5.3%)

Total Members Voted: 18

SD_Eagle5

I voted 4th and 1. "The give is to Smith and they stop him again!...They stop him again!"

*I stole this from the EMB*  :-X

MURP

PhillyGirl

Absolutely the call when we were going to the Super Bowl.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Diomedes

Westbrook's punt return.  Because I was there.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

JTrotter Fan

Well damn it, i voted the INT in Dallas.  It was such an awesome play because they went so far and even had a lateral.  I used to have video of that play and call by Reese.  I don't know where it is now. 
When you're riding in a time machine way far into the future, don't stick your elbow out the window, or it'll turn into a fossil.

MDS

I just love the way he said "this place is in a state of shock."
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Westbrook's PR.

I also loved watching the Giants STs coach smal his clipboard on the ground when Westbrook sped by him.

Come to think of it...the Eagles make coaches throw stuff a lot. Remember Mora throwing his headset and stomping his feet like a kid in the NFCCG?

Sgt PSN

Super Bowl. 

Although, hearing Reese's voice make those calls in my head gave me goosebumps.  Major, hair raising goosebumps. 

General_Failure

4th and 1. It was such a high, followed by "here we go again" followed by an even bigger high.

The man. The myth. The legend.

rjs246

The punt return call was sick. Like slap-your-mother-in-the-face-out-of-sheer-awesomeness sick.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

General_Failure

Headbutt-your-dog-so-hard-you-both-scream-awesomeness?

rjs246

I haven't looked at that site in about 2 years. One of the greats.

Let them eat bootstraps.

General_Failure

rjs246

Let them eat bootstraps.

General_Failure

One time I saw Merrill totally wailing on a guitar up in the booth.