Fantasy Football 2014 - Post your questions but don't answer anybody else's here

Started by SunMo, August 04, 2014, 10:00:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

to add a little to that argument, the following is from a WaPo article about betting, not fantasy football, but the point is relevant

The Eagles' defense, meanwhile, leads the NFL in expected points allowed per drop-back but struggles against the run: Philadelphia ranks 25th in expected points allowed per rush and 29th in defensive rushing success rate. Only one team — the Falcons — runs the ball more in early-down situations when the score is close than the Bears, who also run the ball more than expected in nearly every down-and-distance situation.

Bears quarterback Justin Fields ranks eighth in the NFL in rushing yards, and the Eagles are coming off a game in which they allowed Giants quarterbacks Daniel Jones and Tyrod Taylor to average 11 yards per carry. The Cardinals' Kyler Murray (10.5 yards per carry) also found success scrambling against Philadelphia this season.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD

How's everyone's team looking?

I'm still in in 3 leagues

Big money league (over $2k payout) I need to either win or lose by less than 28. It's full ppr and 6 pts per passing td so that 28 is less than it looks

Was pretty set on going with Geno vs KC probably minus Lockett instead of Fields vs Buffalo but the comparison site says 100% Fields over Geno. Cbs projection is higher for Geno, he offers a safer floor, and Seattle is still in the playoff hunt. Other decision (full ppr) is do I go Montgomery over Chubb in my flex. Chubb hasn't scored over 10 pts in 4 weeks and they're up against a good Saints team who did get torched in the ground last week. Herbert's supposed to be back this week though.

2qb league I'm playing the commissioner in the semi's, he has Hurts and Cousins. Qb waiver wire is slim and he's a huge Birds fan so im assuming he'd go with Minshew.

Last league I should win the semis and whole thing but any given week who knows how your teams gonna perform. It's .5 ppr...for flex trying to decide between Patterson, Mostert or possibly Allgier. Even if Wilson's back leaning Mostert who looked great last week.

phattymatty

I'm playing again for the first time in 5-6 years.  Small money and ten teams, only 4 made playoffs.  I was in first all by myself with a few games to go, lost 4 in a row to drop to 6th and almost choked it away, and then squeezed into the playoffs as the 4th seed yesterday.

The top scoring and 3rd top scoring teams didn't make the playoffs lol. sucks to be them.

I might need to start Jared goff if Lamar doesn't play this weekend. 

Probably once and done playing again regardless if I win or lose, just can't get into it anymore. 

Munson

My best team (or, was my best team until the Kupp and Pierce injuries crushed me) lost in the first round.

My main league auction keeper I made it to the playoffs as a 5 seed, upset a clearly better 4 seed in the first round, and am now facing the #1, undefeated seed. Probably gonna get waxed. Didn't start off good for me with Zay Jones.

One of the big money leagues I do and Co-manage a team with my buddy, we've been good all year and had a first round bye. Tough matchup this week
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

SD

3 wr .5 ppr league. Cheetah and Godwin are locked into the first 2 spots but Olave's out and not sure I'd start him anyway with the weather

My options:
Jakobi Meyers
Richie James
KJ Osborne

Chris Moore is on waivers and the Titans pass d is horrific but Cooks back.

Diomedes

James?   Hard to say.

My sole team shat the bed in the playoffs, will end 3rd or 4th

I think I'm quitting again after this year.  It was a nice reminder...but takes way too much energy and I simply can't do anything half assed.  I'll just go back to watching.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD

I went with Meyers who got me 17. Projected to win by 25, lost by 50. Finished in that league.

Other leagues:
Needed to lose by less than 28 to win in my big money league. Lost by 40, finished 2nd.

2 qb league lost by 6. If Tua doesn't throw 3 picks or I go with anyone other than Zay Jones or Mike Evans I win.