"Bryant" Westbrook - Pro Bowl player

Started by PhillyGirl, December 18, 2007, 05:02:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

I hope the NFC starts the game with 10 guys on defense, and Tom Brady throws a deep bomb to Randy Moss for a TD.

Any word on whether Considine will replace Taylor on the roster?

Munson

Quote from: FastFreddie on December 19, 2007, 11:35:20 AM
I hope the NFC starts the game with 10 guys on defense, and Tom Brady throws a deep bomb to Randy Moss for a TD.

Any word on whether Considine will replace Taylor on the roster?

In order for that to happen, the Pats need to lose in the AFC title game. Only the Hoody would be dick enough to do it.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Don Ho

and considering no one ever shows up for the game we may have John Beck or DeMarcus Russell starting for the AFC.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

mussa

Trent Cole got robbed. He should be the starting DE

Westbrook, Cole and Andrews deserve it. Nobody else is close. Maybe Sheldon Brown

Funny thing is if Westbrook was on any other team I can see him being MVP of the league. He's in his prime and is underused. Its a bloody crime
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

SunMo

he has 337 touches on offense, which is tied with LT...i don't think he's underused
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: SunMo on December 19, 2007, 04:58:06 PM
he has 337 touches on offense, which is tied with LT...i don't think he's underused

underused as a RB....but I Think its just the run game is underused in the correct situations thing.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Rome

He shouldn't have closed to 100 catches.  He should have roughly half that and those catches should be translated into runs. 

rjs246

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on December 19, 2007, 05:02:34 PM
He shouldn't have closed to 100 catches.  He should have roughly half that and those catches should be translated into runs. 

That doesn't even make any sense. That's where he's at his best. If anything he should lose a couple of short-yardage carries (though even this point I've more or less let go of) and those touches should be replaced with punt returns. His touches are basically right where they should be.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Rome

So getting the ball in his hands with a three-five yard running start running behind the biggest line in the NFL is less desirable than the asinine swing passes he catches?

Maybe if he ran the ball more opposing defenses would actually be surprised when he caught the ball out of the backfield as opposed to now when they actively game-plan for it?

Nah - that's crazy talk.  It's much better to having a running back with 100 receptions than taking 40-50 of those and actually establishing a consistent running game.

rjs246

Have you ever seen him try to run up the gut when the defense knows it's coming? It isn't pretty.

He's at his best in open space. Why even discuss taking that away from him in favor of having him dance around behind Jackson's ass for a 6 inch gain?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Rome

Just because the Eagles don't run-scheme [articularly well that doesn't mean they couldn't use Westbrook better as a running back.

Imagine him on a team that actually runs the ball with authority.  Now imagine how productive his pass catching would be if opposing defenses didn't scheme for the same two or three pass plays they have in the package for him.

I'm not saying I don't like him catching the ball.  I simply think they could be more productive with him using him in different ways.

rjs246

Well he doesn't play on another team now, does he? The only 'different' way that they could/should be using him is by letting him field punts.

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

if you are of the belief that the eagles should run the ball more than you have to be in favor of westbrook getting less catches...unless you think he should get more overall touches
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

He's projected to have 290 rushes.  Is that enough for you guys?

ice grillin you

rjs has a fair point...not one i agree with but its a valid argument to say youd rather his touches stay as is....but im with you romey and what im saying is if you think westbrooks touches are fine how they are then you cant be one of those people that screams for andy to run the ball...

i thought rjs was one of those people...but i may be wrong on that
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous