Darren Sproles, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by Diomedes, March 13, 2014, 05:38:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

Diomedes

Love the guy...but.

Only good thing I see coming from this is a higher chance he retires as an Eagle.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

General_Failure

If he can still go and doesn't have to be used more than five times a game, great.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Eagles_Legendz

ice grillin you

If he's heslthy he could be an important piece as a punt returner

they don't have anyone there unless it's a high leverage situation where they use pimp
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

They might have the best 2011 squad in the league with Pimp, Sproles, Peters, et al.

Diomedes

Quote from: General_Failure on July 19, 2019, 06:40:06 PM
If he can still go and doesn't have to be used more than five times a game, great.

I know you can do basic math but that's 80 touches.  Come now.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

Eagles_Legendz

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 19, 2019, 06:54:11 PM

they don't have anyone there unless it's a high leverage situation where they use pimp

Last year was the first year where I thought he had no explosion on punt returns.  It's good to have someone back who can just catch the ball, but I didn't feel he had much left there either.

Rome

Assuming he gets 20 a game, he should end up with a total of 80 for the season.

Math.

Diomedes

Yes, math.  You're saying he'll be healthy for the post season, and the Eagles win another Super Bowl.

Rome

I'd be seriously happy with 10 touches a game from him.  I can't conceive of a reason why he would ever be called to run a ball out of the backfield, though.

But Dougie gonna do Dougie every once in a while. 

SD

Howard, Sanders...and except for the sb Clement aren't receivers out of the backfield. Sproles fills that need and pk.

MDS

he looked washed up to me last year, but healthier and a limited role? i guess.

question is do they keep 5 backs now. sanders, howard, sproles, clement, smallwood. josh adams they try to hide on the PS
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on July 19, 2019, 08:07:12 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on July 19, 2019, 06:54:11 PM

Last year was the first year where I thought he had no explosion on punt returns.  It's good to have someone back who can just catch the ball, but I didn't feel he had much left there either.

IMO explosion is overrated on punt returns...in a perfect world you'd love to have devin Hester or Dante hall but assuming sproles isn't completely done I think he can be a late career Brian Mitchell type...who can read holes won't fumble and can have a nice return average...it certainly can't hurt to audition him...they don't have anyone for the job now
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous