The Rest of the NHL

Started by BigEd76, August 01, 2005, 02:28:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjs246

Wait. I just realized something. Does IGY shave his pits? Weirdo.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Geowhizzer

To use cliched igy-speak:

Ovechkin >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Xinfinity Crosby

Ovechkin plays fast-paced, if occasionally annoying hockey.  He'll run people and actually stand up for himself on occasion.

Crosby hides behind teammates, the refs, his mom's apron, whatever he can find.

And Gary Bettman legislating Crosby-hockey with Cindy's clit in his mouth s ruining a sport that I once loved with a passion rivaling that I have for baseball and football.

ice grillin you

crosby also wins playoff series....but who cares about shtein like that

you people are a joke
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Geowhizzer

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 10, 2009, 12:50:54 AM

you people are a joke

Who cares that hockey is a pitiful shadow of what it used to be?

I'm fairly close to giivng up hockey altogether.  I watched a bit of the Caps-Pens game tonight  It was the first hockey game I watched since the Flyers were eliminated.  This year, I didn't watch more than two or three non-Flyer games, when I used to watch dozens.  I've already called DirecTV to give up NHL Center Ice for next year.

The sport is slowly dying, and it's to a large degree because of Sydney Crosby and Bettman's trying to tailor the game to the Penguins' style.  They're not only failing to get the "new breed" of hockey fan, they're actually driivng away people who have followed hockey for years.

Sgt PSN

i cant wait for hockey to go away.  mostly because i can finally stop pretending to like it every spring when the flyers are in the playoffs. 

ice grillin you

Quote from: Geowhizzer on May 10, 2009, 01:07:59 AM

you people are a joke
I'm fairly close to giivng up hockey altogether.  I watched a bit of the Caps-Pens game tonight  It was the first hockey game I watched since the Flyers were eliminated.  This year, I didn't watch more than two or three non-Flyer games.  Bettman's trying to tailor the game to the Penguins' style. 

lol another one on the conspiracy bandwagon

i hate the pens as much as anyone but they play a way better style of hockey than the flyers do

The BIGSTUD

He's never going to win a championship, so he can win as many playoff series as he wants. He won't be a winner unless he wins it all.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

ice grillin you

Quote from: King Cole on May 10, 2009, 01:17:16 AM
He's never going to win a championship unless he wins it all.

The BIGSTUD

Not what I said at all. I said he's never going to be a championship, and he can't be classified as a winner until he wins at all.

You are really bad at this stuff. You do it quite often and you are in the wrong every time.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

ice grillin you

Quote from: King Cole on May 10, 2009, 01:39:44 AM
he's never going to be a championship, and he can't be classified as a winner until he wins at all.

so what is winning "at all"

hasnt he already won everything there is to win BUT a championship?

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

The BIGSTUD

It was a typo. I meant "it" not "at" in the post.

Rome

Quote from: rjs246 on May 09, 2009, 11:36:04 PM
I would take that trade in a heartbeat. And now I'm rooting for it. Hard.

lol

Geowhizzer

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 10, 2009, 01:14:14 AM
Quote from: Geowhizzer on May 10, 2009, 01:07:59 AM

you people are a joke
I'm fairly close to giivng up hockey altogether.  I watched a bit of the Caps-Pens game tonight  It was the first hockey game I watched since the Flyers were eliminated.  This year, I didn't watch more than two or three non-Flyer games.  Bettman's trying to tailor the game to the Penguins' style. 

lol another one on the conspiracy bandwagon

i hate the pens as much as anyone but they play a way better style of hockey than the flyers do

Who said anything about a conspiracy?  Is there any doubt that the rules, and the way the rules are being interpreted and enforced, are geared towards the Penguins style of play?

Note that I am not saying that the refs are blatantly trying to make the Penguins win.  Rather, the Penguins have perhaps adapted to the style of play that Bettman wants better than most other teams in the league. 

Plays that used to be allowed in the NHL  are now being called penalties... to an extreme.  The physicality that used to be one of the most enjoyable parts of the game are being legislated out.  And, in the process, are alienating some long time fans like myself.  I simply don't enjoy the sport the way it is currently played nearly as much as I did in the 1980s and 1990s.

SD_Eagle5

I hate the Caps, their fans, and Ovechkin. But admittedly I cheered when they scored with 5 minutes left in the 3rd to tie it up. I've been rooting for them this entire series, because despite my hatred towards them, it pales in comparison to how much I hate Crosby, Pens fans, and the Pens. Ovechkin may do his stupid little jump into the glass after every goal, but he's not as much as a punk ass crybaby bitch as Crosby. That Bettman's gone out of his way to make Crosby the face of the NHL infuriates the hell out of me. Crosby is the epitome of what I hate about the new NHL, he acts hard but doesn't back it up, he has a penalty force field around him like Kobe Bryant. Anyone so much as farts on him and they're gone for 2 minutes. farg him, farg Malkin, and most importantly farg the biggest bandwagon fans in all of sports, Penguins fans.