The Rest of the NHL

Started by BigEd76, August 01, 2005, 02:28:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 25, 2008, 12:18:22 PM
its the all star break so i figured id take a gander at the nhl standings....the southeast division is an abomination...the leader carolina is 10th in the conference in pts (8 make the playoffs)

I may poop a lot, but I do know how many teams make the playoffs in the 3 major leagues. And also hockey.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

rjs246

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 25, 2008, 01:04:41 PM
Quote from: rjs246 on January 25, 2008, 12:58:15 PM
You're right, I hardly even know anything about the NHL. I'm so ashamed.

i dont know about that but i find it hard to believe someone whos into zombies robots and unicorns as much as youre could could be all that big a fan of any sport

Hey, get it straight. It's just zombies. And sometimes unicorns. But robots are farging gay, dude. For real.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

rjs246

The All-Star game is ridiculous, but I love watching it. Richards had a nice assist in the first.

Let them eat bootstraps.

SD_Eagle5

I turned it off with 19 minutes left in the first

MDS

I didn't even know it was on.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

BigEd76

Thanks to Versus

East took a 5-1 lead early, blew it, then won 8-7 on a Marc Savard goal w/ 21 seconds left.  Eric Staal wins MVP

The NHL also announced that they'll start the season in Sweden (Senators/Penguins) and the Czech Republic (Rangers/Lightning) with 2-game series each

Seabiscuit36

the best part was ovechkin, no crosby meant they showed and focused on him, and he was great both playwise and entertainment wise
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Rome

That game was boring.  No hits, no penalties, BUT LOTS OF SCORING!  YAY!!

:P

Seabiscuit36

Betteman creamed himself watching.  Loved that the fans in atlanta boo'd him when he was presenting the mvp award.  I honestly didnt want to watch, but my wife wanted to watch Richards and Ovechkin play.  The whole time Romey i said the same thing, this is what betteman wants hockey to be. 

Rome

There wasn't a single penalty called.  If you take the aggression out of the game it basically becomes figure skating.  I want no part of that and neither do real hockey fans.

And Bettman should be eviscerated.  He's the worst commissioner in the history of sports.

ice grillin you

calm down its a cheesy meaningless all-star game...bettman should die but i cant believe you all are somehow trying to connect the all star game and real nhl games

fighting is up this year
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

BigEd76

there hasn't been a penalty called in the All-Star game since 2000

rjs246

Quote from: BigEd76 on January 28, 2008, 09:42:43 AM
there hasn't been a penalty called in the All-Star game since 2000

Exactly. The NHL all-star game is far more fun than any of the other all star games. I'm a huge proponent of physical hockey and fighting and all of that, but watching these guys clown around for a few hours with smiles on their faces was a lot of fun.

Let them eat bootstraps.

SunMo

Exactly. The NHL all-star game is far more fun than any of the other all star games. I'm a huge proponent of physical hockey and fighting and all of that, but watching these guys clown around for a few hours with smiles on their faces was a lot of fun.

wow
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.