The Rest of the NHL

Started by BigEd76, August 01, 2005, 02:28:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigEd76

Looks like Comcast will be getting the NHL Network (probably in the $5 sports package)

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

MDS

The Ducks-Kings game drew a 0.1 rating  :-D
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: MDS on October 05, 2007, 12:20:08 AM
I'm a hockey fan and had no idea it was on.  Betteman has no place running Dundler Mifflin let alone the NHL
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

i knew it was on and still didnt watch it
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

The Devils/Lightning game was on Sunshine Network here in Palm Tree Hell last night in HD.

I hate both teams but it was fun watching the Devils get run all over the ice.  Other than the opening goal they looked horrible.

MDS

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on October 05, 2007, 12:32:00 AM
I'm a hockey fan and had no idea it was on.  Betteman has no place running Dundler Mifflin let alone the NHL

he put the opening game on against the last day of the baseball season and against football. it featured two west coast teams playing at noon east coast time. the hockey season began the same week as the baseball playoffs. and not to mention, he signed a tv contract with a network available in 30 million less homes than espn, and well off the radar of any sports fan.

i could go on....
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: MDS on October 05, 2007, 01:10:28 PM
Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on October 05, 2007, 12:32:00 AM

he put the opening game on against the last day of the baseball season and against football. it featured two west coast teams playing at noon east coast time. the hockey season began the same week as the baseball playoffs. and not to mention, he signed a tv contract with a network available in 30 million less homes than espn, and well off the radar of any sports fan.

i could go on....
you dont have to, the fact that he's really thinking of expanding the league into Europe tells you everything you need to know
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

QB Eagles

The Ducks have played 4 games already. No other team has even played 3 games, and most teams have played just once.

ice grillin you

Rome

I... errr... uh... ummmmph...

MDS

igy deserves to live in dc with these Romes

BigEd76

According to Panaccio, the NHL and NHLPA are working on a compromise to the interconference scheduling issue.  Each team would play all 15 in the other conference but they'd alternate home-and-home each year, similar to college football.

BigEd76

Toronto Sun claims Forsberg's top choice is Ottawa

and a note to make PG happy:  Darcy Tucker is out indefinitely with a busted knee  :yay

ice grillin you

There's a strong belief Forsberg would want a three-year deal worth about $5 million per season.

peace